DNA - speaker phone not working

LordSnooty

Reaction score
To activate the speaker phone on the DNA you just turn it over. Well, that doesn't work anymore.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can try to determine the cause?

Cheers!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
is there a safe mode boot function on that phone? If so, that would be my first troubleshooting step. Oftentimes we don't realize that applications cause lots of grief for the operating system, and in many cases its applications that don't necessarily work directly with the part that happens to be functioning abnormally.

OP
L

LordSnooty

Reaction score
FoxKat,
Thanks for the reply!
Still doesn't work in Safe Mode.
However, it does work (in and out of Safe Mode) by clicking the Speaker icon on the call screen.
Probably the gyro thingee done froze up (as they say around here), right?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's a very good possibility however your phone my have suffered a corruption of the operating system. My next step in troubleshooting would be to do a full factory reset. I know this isn't something most people want to have to do but it is the last and only way to eliminate any software or firmware as the cause of the problem. This does mean you'll need to save off of your device any pictures, video, audio, documents, texts, phone logs and anything else that may be irreplaceable first.

OP
L

LordSnooty

Reaction score
FoxKat,
Thanks for posting.
Yeah, it would be a PITA to save off all that stuff.
Actually, I need to b/u all those photos anyway - is there any way to transfer phone numbers,say, to a PC before reformatting?
Cheers!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Better still, download and install "Drive" (aka Google Drive), then activate it and upload all those to the cloud. That's the best and fastest way, IMHO. But yeah, you can do a cable transfer to a desktop. There are other wireless ways as well. One I use is Send Anywhere File Transfer - Android Apps on Google Play which works quite nicely.

OP
L

LordSnooty

Reaction score
Great!
Many thanks for your help - I'll report back.
Cheers!

OP
L

LordSnooty

Reaction score
OK, I done the factory reset and it is still not working.
Not sure if it is worth the bother taking it to the the Verizon store because the Speaker icon works OK.
I'll wait 'til something else breaks.
I think I have some sort of extended warrantee with Verizon - I'll have to check out the terms.
Thanks for all your help!