DNA Location/weather data not being found

IDerby63

Reaction score
I noticed my location on the home screen will not pick up a particular location. Does anyone have any insight on how to get the phone to sync up with my current location as well as bringing along the weather data into the home screen?

Thanks in advance!

txter

Reaction score
Open the weather and check your settings for location following you. I had this problem on day one. A reboot fixed it for me.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Go to settings, location, uncheck Verizon's location service. It conflicts with Google location. I had to call Verizon with the same issue.

OP
I

IDerby63

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I worked in the weather app a bit and checked my Verizon location use and re-booted, all updated just fine and it's displaying my current location.

Thanks again!

Dragonbro

Reaction score
Go to settings, location, uncheck Verizon's location service. It conflicts with Google location. I had to call Verizon with the same issue.

Perfect, thank you! This was driving me crazy. However, Beautiful Widgets weather is not playing well with the GPS....it will not lock on my location?

Kf4pwb

Reaction score
Still doenst work for me. It thinks I'm 300 miles away

Kf4pwb

Reaction score
Ok its working for now. Since the weather operates from Google maps I went to my Google maps app on the phone. It showed me in the incorrect 300 mile away location. I reported incorrect location. Went back in to gm still incorrect location, selected navigate to nearby. A couple of places I was previously looking fornear my correct lcation popped up automatically. I selected navigate to one of those. GM snapped to my correct lcation as the starting point. I cancellled navigation, went out of the GM app and my weather location was correct.

I hope I don't have to do this every time we go out of town

Kf4pwb

Reaction score
Nevermind....back to robbinsville, Tn when I'm in Nashville, TN. Still no worky