1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DNA Bricked

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 3ggshell, Jan 24, 2013.

1. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

This is my third android phone and I'm finally stumped. I got my Droid DNA yesterday and rooted and unlocked it right away. I even had genome running on it but then I accidentally wiped.... EVERYTHING. So now I have a rooted, unlocked phone without a rom installed or even in .zip form in the memory. I have tried sideloading the rom using adb and twrp, as well as pushing a rom to the phone. I'm a little out of my depth here, but I can get fastboot on my computer to recognize the phone, just not adb while in twrp recovery.

Any advice on how to make this happen would be appreciated. I miss my droid x and og droid where I could just take the sd card out and load the rom manually...
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

Is there a RUU for the DNA yet?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  3. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

4. jntdroid

Possibly, but you'll definitely want to do some reading first. The RUU files can work through hboot (basically the bootloader on HTC devices). But read a lot, I'm not familiar with the DNA, but I've done a lot to a lot of previous HTC devices, and as long as you had a hboot compatible with the RUU, and you could get into hboot, you could run the RUU. It's an exe file you run from your computer, and it requires fastboot, so it's a good start that your computer recognizes that.

5. jntdroid

Is there a clockwork recovery for the DNA? Because maybe it'll be more friendly about letting you side load a zip... Just a thought, as that would obviously be the easiest fix. And you could flash the recovery in hboot.

6. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

I have already tried clockwork, but its worth a shot again. I found this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...-return-stock-1-15-605-4-verizon-htc-dna.html
    it claims to have a download link to the RUU, but it is less than 200kb and not an executable like is stated in the guide. I have also found this file referenced on another guide. Is this as confusing as it seems?

Also, does anyone know how to mount the internal memory through bootloader or recovery for a device without a removable sd card? That alone would fix my problem.
  7. jntdroid

Yeah a file of that size won't do what you need... hmm...

There's gotta be a way to sideload...

8. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

I can't believe adb still won't work... I must be doing something stupid :mad:. I can't believe there's no way to mount the internal storage as a drive on my computer!!!
  9. jntdroid

Have you asked over at xda or rootz?

10. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

No, I haven't yet. I just had a breakthrough now though! I can access adb now only if I have the RUU program up with the pdanet drivers. I sideloaded the rom and it appeared to work, but would only boot to recovery, then I used the push command to install the rom manually - same thing.

This is a ROM which ran no problems after the first install yesterday. I at least am now hopeful this is a small problem.

EDIT: What caused this problem in the first place exactly was me selecting the wipe menu in TWRP and wiping both system and internal storage (I don't know why either) so maybe I need More than just a ROM install to get everything back that I deleted? There is still one option left in that menu that I haven't used called format data. Maybe that will reformat the memory so I could sideload again and have it work this time?
  11. jntdroid

So you were able to get the rom .zip onto your storage? Does that man you were able to flash it in recovery?

12. 3ggshell

3ggshell New Member

I finally fixed it! I think it was the boot image, after finding a mostly stock boot image and flashing it, my phone starting running perfectly. I knew it would be something stupid like this, thank you for providing the quick help I needed. :hail: :icon_ lala::icon_ lala:
    1 person likes this.
Search tags for this page
15 dna firmware with hboot 1.33
bricked dna
bricked droid dna
decrypt droid dna

droid dna bricked

droid dna ruu
droid dna ruu hboot 1 33 0001
droid htc dna hboot
how to fix a bricked htc dna
how to fix bricked dna