dmupdater-10.apk

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Well I downloaded it, before I try and run it any tips? Is it all cut and dry or should I read up on it some?

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Maybe this is a stupid question but what is someone calls during the process? I get a ton of calls during the day.

Mojo

Reaction score
If you get a call during the process it should not hurt anything... but you could always put it in airplain mode. And turn on wifi. So it does not take calls but still downloads the files you need.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
well, dm updator will need to download a few files, that if u get a call during download are no big deal... same as anything else.
But when it u are actually flashing the new rom, you will have to power down the phone and it will be working before the OS loads, so basically a call cannot interrupt the flashing process.
.... happy flashing

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score
So the ROMs are already there in the downloaded file? All I really want for now is faster web surfing. Which one would be the better choice?

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
well none of the roms will increase your internet throughput. But once your rooted, if all you wanted to do was speed up your phone in general, you could just overclock it with SetCPU. And you dont neven need to install a custom rom. Al long al your 2.01 is rooted, then just install setcpu and adjust your CPU to your liking.
Oh you will need to install one of Adamz kernels to do the overclock.

papy72

Reaction score
Well I downloaded it, before I try and run it any tips? Is it all cut and dry or should I read up on it some?

I personally don't think it's a good idea to jump into the updater without doing at least some reading. It pretty much does it all for you but it never hurts to understand what it's doing.

OP
cosmonaut

cosmonaut

Reaction score

I personally don't think it's a good idea to jump into the updater without doing at least some reading. It pretty much does it all for you but it never hurts to understand what it's doing.

I will certainly read some more. I downloaded the file but ain't jumped on it yet. I have read quite a bit already. I am still 50/50 on the whole thing.

demon69120

Reaction score
It needs internet yeah, but DMupdater is pretty straightforward. I would use it to root and install SPrecover 99.3b on your phone then use a different ROM. The ROM won't really make the phone faster, but the kernel and OC you use will.

Try using a guide on install BuglessBeast after this is done. Then install maybe ChevyNo1's 1.0 GHz Kernel (To be safe, 1.0 is pretty low) and use SetCPU to get up to that 1GHz. Then you're phone will be much faster browsing the web.