DM updater states phone rooted, no access yet

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sparky636, Mar 28, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. sparky636

sparky636 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Switched from droid mod to UD8.1.1 Somehow I lost superuser permission. When I open dm updater, it states 'Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM updater access yet. You *must* check the remember box" I don't remember this coming up, except when I first rooted last month. I can't find a way to get the super user permission request to pop up. This is happening with everything that requires SU. I can't change roms, un root or anything, because it all says I do not have permission. Please help.
  2. praeceps

praeceps Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, perhaps you don't know what you're looking for. It's a ninja icon in your apps tray. Open that and click everything on the list to reset root permissions. If that REALLY isn't there, then there is a way to unroot your phone without root access, it howeverwipes everything but your SD card, so just make sure you've properly synced so you're settings are saved. Go to rootyourdroid.info and lookup the instructions for unroot_update.zip

Unfortunately, rootyourdroid.info is down at the moment, so, well, I'm not sure where else you can find that file. Also, if you do this, do NOT play with the Market until it's done automagically redownloading all of your apps. If you do screw with the Market, it'l lstop and it'll assume you're intervening and it won't continue. It'll let you know when it's done. Finally, you can reroot your Droid. Regardless of the case, good luck!
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +193
    For future reference please do not cross post. You have the same thing posted in 2 areas. You will get an answer as soon as possible but cluttering the forum isn't necessary.
  4. sparky636

sparky636 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I realised I had posted in the wrong forum, and did not see a way to alert mod to move and honestly fell asleep before attempting to delete this one. My apologies!
  5. Chrisace89

Chrisace89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this is the same problem i have.. i have lost SU also.
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Do either of you have the Superuser Permissions icon in your app drawer, usually looks like a ninja?
  7. hatuma

hatuma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing in super permissions ninja

I have the same problem I have tried everything from wiping the phone to sd card and I still can not see any permissions. I cant even unroot my phone, when i go to recovery mode it uses clockwork mod and everything i click on doesnt do anything. I am thinking it is clockwork mod because the droid mod worked no problem. Now when i click on droid mod it says" looks like your phone is rooted , but you have not given dm updater access yet. You *must* check the remember box! " I dont have any boxes to check and neither does superuser permissions, I cant even unroot the software and go back to factory software. Can anybody help?
  8. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +22
  9. hatuma

hatuma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i do not have it, what is it?
  10. hatuma

hatuma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im on a Mac
  11. jamilack

jamilack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Studs!

Same issue here.. I get that little error but the box to say "allow" never shows up.. same deal with ROM Manager. I do have the superuser permissions icon though.. nothing it in. I'm running Ultimate Droid and things got monkeyed but when I went to unroot and I guess I hit reset factory defaults from the recovery menu when I shouldn't have.

Any help would be AWESOME :) Phone works fine but I'd love to be able to update roms and such again :)
  12. sparky636

sparky636 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

phone is root but willn't give access

s4 ##dmmode# codes