1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

dm updater errors

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrwright1983, Jul 11, 2010.

1. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

I just downloaded dm updater,did all the steps it told me to and at the end of the process it gave me a error message,did i do something wrong or is there another app i can download to do the samething,can someone please.
  2. angler1

angler1 New Member

Where are you at in the process? Have you downloaded the root file? Need More info to help.
  3. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

Yeah I already downloaded the root
  4. angler1

angler1 New Member

So you are rooted? You have the superuser icon in your app tray?
  5. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

I've downloaded the root from dm updater, it put the root my on my SD card, so when I turn the phone off, then reboot by hitting x and power button together, it goes in recovery mode and I hit the update. Zip on the list and when I do that I get a error message at the end, so my phone is not rooted and no Su in the app, please help and is there any other way I can do this.
  6. angler1

angler1 New Member

Are you on 2.1?
    If you are you need to use the rsdlite method and flash sprecovery and then load a rooted rom. You can't use dm to root 2.1. Go to the hacking help section and look up rsdlite to flashing sprecovery. I would load a link but I am on my phone.
  7. X_TAC23

X_TAC23 Super Moderator

dm updater is for 2.0.1. Im sure you have 2.1 so dm updater is no good. i made a thread rooted 2.1 read that.