DM to Rom manager

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kygator1, Apr 2, 2010.

1. kygator1

kygator1 New Member

Was just wondering if there were any issues with going from droidmod to rom manager and can you back up droidmod as one of your roms in its list, new to this. and have read around the forums and didnt find anything right now to help me, thankyou in advance for help..
  2. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

The Rom manager will install Clockwork recovery and overwrite the SPrecovery you have installed by DMupdater. When/if you install Rom Manager it will allow you to make a backup of your DM rom you are running that will work with Clockwork recovery. you have to think of Rom Manager and CWrecovery as different programs. So you can use clockwork recovery with your backup of DroidMod you made, but the Rom Manager will not work with the DroidMod ROM at this point. If you want to run DroidMod then IMO you should stay with SPrecovery and not mess with Rom Manager. If you want to change ROMs to one that RM supports then switch to Clockwork recovery and play around with the ROMs that are on RM. I have recently switched to CWrecovery to use some different ROMs and it's slightly different but just as solid as SPrecovery. Does that answer your question?
  3. erox76

erox76 New Member

yes but can you use rom manager to safely install clockwork over sprecovery??
  4. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

Yes ROM manager will install clockwork recovery for you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk