DM 1.0 browser issue?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by beleau, Feb 26, 2010.

1. beleau

beleau New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed dmupdater and dm1.0 rom. setcpu overclocked to 800, and applied the smoked glass v2 theme with mm.(still have a black clock btw), all is good so far as far as I can tell (my first custom rom and all. my question is with the multi-touch browser I have noticed that the text seems to take a couple of seconds to come into focus when zooming and also just scrolling pages, not a huge deal just doesn't look quite as nice as the original browser. And to be honest I'm not sure the text looks as crisp just sitting there as it did before (could just be me) Could I switch back or change the browser? could i do that fairly easily? Also I have noticed that at 800 it runs good but running the live wallpapers definitely slows it a bit. I stopped running them and....wow....smokin!

Thanks in advance,

2. frankieg22x

frankieg22x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i noticed this problem also. Maybe someone will chime in with an answer

bump

3. beleau

beleau New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its kind of annoying, and to be honest, the mult-touch is cool but I would almost consider giving it up for the cleaner/crisper look. not sure how to go back to the stock browser though. I guess I was hoping there would be a better multi-touch

4. chrisCRISIS

chrisCRISIS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just use dolphin browser.

5. beleau

beleau New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want the stock browser back. where can I get it? or can I just restore?

6. frankieg22x

frankieg22x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can use the droidmod rom and select a different browser option when your going through that process if your rooted

7. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just follow the instructions for adding or removing packages at the bottom of the instructions for installing DM 1.0...just don't select the milestone browser this time. Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms

Also, i don't mean to lecture and this isn't directed at anyone but most of the people out there need to stop being so lazy. I went from a stock phone to having an extremely customized rooted phone just by reading and searching the forums. I installed DM 1.0 to get me started, then the dark rom patch, AllDroid - View topic - [DARK ROM PATCH] *UPDATED 2/8/10-FIX* (works WITH your ROM), and used MM to apply droidhex, AllDroid - View topic - DROIDHEX [metamorph theme], over all of it, even changed the water live wallpaper, AllDroid - View topic - [release - live wallpaper] Mary Jane edition, and i am 100% a noob. I couldn't have done any of this with out all the awesome info out there that people have shared with us.
    now let's look a the posts just in this thread. now i'm just speculating but they had to find instructions somewhere on how to install DM 1.0 (if they didn't need instructions they wouldn't have these questions) and chances are it was from the site I just provided to answer their question but instead of researching the threats to find this they prefer to clog them up and make it harder for people to find things (sorry guys, u where just easy targets for my example, please dont get to upset). Anyway just my 2 cents, i know noone asked for it but the's the great thing about the internet, i can just give it.

So PLEASE, before you ask a question, SEARCH, someone already asked it and the answer is out there.

8. Reks

Reks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the webpage blurs out so that scrolling and zooming will be smoother without having to consume more resources. and no i don't think the text looks any less 'crisper' compared to the stock browser

9. beleau

beleau New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    of course I searched for the answer dude, just for your info I only post until I cant find the answer myself. obviously could not find it thus we are here
    duhh. being lazy has nothing to do with it
    as you stated, obviously I must have done substantial research on my own to have gotten to this point, just look at the number of my posts lol. have you come across many post about people wanting to revert back to the stock browser?