Dlna

DaSlice

Reaction score
What is it? And how can i stop the notifications every 5 minutes?

wyatta4

Reaction score
Hey, so I have my Di2 now, btw I'm loving it (texting app is REALLY acting up all of the time, though), and I was wondering how I could mirror it to an external display such as the Droid x 2 is capable of.. I would really really love this feature..
Thanks,
Wyatt

anguish

Reaction score
It may be possible. I recall reading something about it over at XDA... Don't have the exact thread handy, but check the accessory forum for dinc2 over there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread I posted over at xda about tv out: [Q] TV out??? - xda-developers I emailed htc. I don't think anyone has tested the mhl yet. I think it also has Dlna yes, but Dlna doesn't mirror. It just outputs the media you have stored on your device. You need a Dlna server hooked to your TV for it to work. Xbox 360 has Dlna, but It sometimes requires a work around to work.

wyatta4

Reaction score
That thread doesnt help... Why is it a hidden feature if this feature is so great? Where can I get a cable?

wyatta4

Reaction score
If MHL does work do I have to have a MHL compatible tv or display? Id like to just go straight into my AOC display...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not a hidden feature. HTC just doesn't make the cable for MHL (Mobile High Def Link) yet. There are cables out there though. Someone from the xda thread bought one and is waiting for it to come it. They will let us know if the cable (from the GS2) works or not. That would be the only way to mirror. DLNA isn't mirroring it is just media streaming. I have DLNA on my fascinate and it is pretty useless actually.

Last edited:

comk4ver

Reaction score
okay so on my previous droid x i was able to set up DLNA with my computer and everything was fine... As of a month ago my phone was lost and I now have a replacement X. And for some reason DLNA for video isn't working; I can see the video I want to play however, when i press play it doesn't...
I really don't believe that it's the video's file type (.AVI) because my previous droid x played the videos that I want to see. I have two alogcats if anyone wants a look...

Last edited:

nitrate28

Reaction score
I just switched from a Pro to the D4 and noticed there is no DLNA on it. Is there an app that would allow me to stream media to my TV?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

MidgetGiraffe

Reaction score
I encountered the same thing when I first got my D4 and if you go into the my music app and tap the soft menu key you will then see dlna servers and settings. Click on settings scroll down to media share settings click it then enable wifi (if not already previously enabled) and all of the dlna settings are there. Hope this helps

nitrate28

Reaction score
I encountered the same thing when I first got my D4 and if you go into the my music app and tap the soft menu key you will then see dlna servers and settings. Click on settings scroll down to media share settings click it then enable wifi (if not already previously enabled) and all of the dlna settings are there. Hope this helps

Thanks. I actually figured the same thing out through the Gallery. When I asked VZW, they of course said the feature no longer existed.