dlna

redirwons535

Reaction score
So im just realizing this rom didn't come with dlna. Part of the reason I bought the x was so I could plug in hdmi and stream via dlna. Is it possible to get this back or is it not supported in this rom? Id hate to have to switch roms I really like this one. Any help would be great. I also saw somewhere that there was no hdmi support in the rom which I havnt tried but does this mean real hdmi app wont work? Thanks in advance.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Not sure about the DLNA availability, but no, you are correct, the Real HDMI will not work on any ROM that loses HDMI support. You will need to choose a ROM with Blur left in tact.

I am in the same boat, major factor on getting the X was screen size and the HDMI port. So no blurless ROM's for me.

OP
R

redirwons535

Reaction score
Thank you for this clarification. Any good ones you'd suggest. Or does rubix Blurry work? Rummy ex was anouther I was interested in not sure what works on that

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I love Darkslide, it is more heavily themed right out of the box, but i like that. It runs smooth for me, no reboots, no problems. I tried GummyJar and a couple others, but came back to Darkslide.

Not sure about the two you listed, just make a backup of your current setup, and try them out. Best way to find what you like, I read a bunch of others that said Darkslide wasnt to their liking, but it turned out to be my favorite.

I really wanted to try tranquility, but immediately after installing, it would bootloop roughly 30 seconds after it loaded the OS. So i had to get rid of it.

Best of luck!

jdhas

Reaction score
I would suggest you try ApeX 1.3.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
DLNA does work (as far as I know) but has been removed. I can add the functionality back to test, and release a patch for it with the new release if it does

hrtk

Reaction score
+3, would like to see dnla! this is a really nice n fast rom.

pyroelite

Reaction score
DLNA does work (as far as I know) but has been removed. I can add the functionality back to test, and release a patch for it with the new release if it does

That would be awesome, thanks! Is there any way you could make a script that allows adding audio effect settings back in too? (it was in settings/sounds/media audio effects). Or even like a toolbox that allows swapping the better blur apps back in like dialer, gallery, & camera. Then we would have the best rom for battery life & sys apps, & finally settle on one. & I would be able to start theming, finally...

from my DX