1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DLNA server problem

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by prospect82, Aug 6, 2010.

1. prospect82

prospect82 New Member

I'm having problems streaming/copying video/music to my device. My device connects to my wifi at home and can view my folders on pc. It also can see my avi files but any files in mp4 it doesn't appear.

Any suggestions?
  2. barrio12002

barrio12002 New Member

Same problem here i cannot access my videos only pictures and music. Heeellllllpppppp
  3. droid234

droid234 New Member

I have no success trying to set up DLNA with my PC with Windows 7 for its intended use. The Windows Media Player sees it and I can play media stored in Droid X on WMP, but I cannot copy from/to one another. Please help. This is so frustrating for someone who's had no issue what-so-ever with years of owning WinMo phones.

When I try to "copy media to server" from Droid X's DLNA screen, I get error message "Copy to media server error: Copy to media server is not suppoerted by remote server".

On WMP screen, it won't let me drag a file from Motorola Phone/Pictures to a local folder.

Do I have to install a different DLNA Server on PC? Home - DLNA is useless and it shows nothing with respect to PC server help.

TIA.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. droid234

droid234 New Member

Has anybody experienced this issue? I'm still struggling with the same issue and haven't been able to find any information on the solution. TIA.
  5. deftdrummer

deftdrummer New Member

Still doesn't work with my Droid X. Disappointing, though I suppose there are numerous apps that can perform this function better.
Search tags for this page
copy to medi server is not supported by remote server

copy to media server error dlna

copy to media server not supported

dlna streaming problems
windows 7 droid x dlna driver