DLNA problem

justie1183

Reaction score
I figured everything out had my comp and phone sharing. I was read for bed did the app killer and now the DLNA App won't do any thing. When I click on it I just get a black screen it doesn't have any promps...HELP!

14floppydisks

Reaction score
So I opened it up last night cause I forgot it doesn't do anything useful, and now it wont stop running. Task manager doesn't even see it running but autokiller does and when I kill it it just starts back up again. When I go into manage apps it doesn't let me force stop it. It wouldn't be bad if it wasn't up with cell standby with eating 20+% of my battery. This may be the straw that makes me root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lanza_david

Reaction score
Did you uncheck 'share media' in the app?

14floppydisks

Reaction score
Lol yes it was never checked to begin with, and I tried turning it on and off but with no change.

haimez

Reaction score
Lesson here: don't go experimenting with the pre-installed software on a non-rooted device. You may activate things you can't deactivate.

Sorry I can't help you undo it though, that sucks.

Scribble

Reaction score
thats odd that it won't turn off... Mine turns off as soon as you uncheck all of the boxes.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Check to see if the Wifi lock setting is selected in the DLNA app options . If it is, uncheck it.

pat55

Reaction score
How to stop DLNA on Bionic

This worked on my Bionic although it sounds like you tried it already; go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, select All, scroll to find DLNA, select DLNA, select Force Stop I had to force stop several times. Or try in Settings, Applications, select Running Services, select ALL (not the default running) and Force Stop DLNA from there.

Editorial : Why would someone design an app the runs continuously after you select it (perhaps just to see what it is), there should be a friendly keep running check box to allow easy user control.

neo97

Reaction score
DLNA stop

When you open the DLNA app, look at Share media. If there is a green line under Share Media, you need to touch it to stop it (giving you a white line - not filled in with green). Hope this helps.