DL09 update

rogers_tj

Reaction score
Yes, my standalone gps and google location services are on. I can enter the location in google navigation, but then it will give a the infamous "Searching for GPS" for several minutes

nicki248

Reaction score
Update

Hi, I got the update done and everyone is talking about the GPS, I would like to know if that will cost me extra, I pay 29 a month for my phone with verizon, but I don't know if I use the gps if that will cost me more money, anyone know? Thanks

Scott1974

Reaction score
Hi, I got the update done and everyone is talking about the GPS, I would like to know if that will cost me extra, I pay 29 a month for my phone with verizon, but I don't know if I use the gps if that will cost me more money, anyone know? Thanks

The GPS does not cost anything extra. The VZ Navigator feature is about $10.00 extra per month I believe, but but GPS along with Google Maps isn't anything extra.

Enjoy!

Scott1974

Reaction score
Where is the gps on the samsung fascinate phone, thanks

You can activate the GPS by "grabbing" the top of the screen and pulling down. In the information bar that runs across the top of your screen, that displays the battery indicator, time, signal strength etc, you can take your finger and pull that down. You'll have four icons there:

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Airplane Mode. Just press the GPS icon and it will turn green, indicating that it is now on.

Hope this helps!

nicki248

Reaction score
ok, I downloaded google maps, so I just click on that when I go somewhere, just use the maps, but not the places or the navgation. Thanks

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok, I downloaded google maps, so I just click on that when I go somewhere, just use the maps, but not the places or the navgation. Thanks
u can use google maps only for nav if u want but the navigation that comes with it is just that, strictly for navigation...in other words for navigation use the Navigation app part of google maps in your app drawer
places is a location tool for finding popular places, gas stations, restaurants, close to your relative location...

Wyo99

Reaction score
Ok silly question, but how do I know when there is an update and how do I update my phone?

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Make sure wifi is off go to settings , about phone , system updates , check new. If its there it will take through how to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

M

Mwsr

I got update this morn(ohio).. I also thought when everyone says gps they were talking about vz nav.. I didn't know the google thing was that good and free..

Now dumb? .. when I got launcherpro I hid a lot of bs icons that being one of them.. now I dont remember how to get back to where these icons are so I can pull the google nav one out.. any help would be great..thx

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App