DL09 update

gamegod2x

Reaction score
The icon is location on, its a good icon, it was on my eris. The update worked well on mine and my wifes also. From GA

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Is there a way to turn that off?

Also i think it has something to do with Google location services as well right?

I usually have gps, wifi, bluetooth and airplane off to save battery when i dont use them.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I dont think you can. It shouldn't run battery down just keep gps off till you need it. It didn't on my eris.

MKKH10

Reaction score
Wolfman, try checking for the update, I wasn't notified that it was available. I had to check.

forstir9

Reaction score
My update was waiting for me to okay it when I woke up this morning (western NY). I checked the GPS and it seemed to find my position pretty fast. I have only had the fascinate for 2 weeks and I only had 3 complaints. Bad GPS (I knew about this issue), 2 gigs for apps (come on froyo, but I can make 2 gigs work) and only 160 character text limit even sending and receiving from Verizon customers (I didn't know about this problem until I bought the phone). Overall I love this phone and I can be patient for the 2.2 update (please fix the 160 character limit). I need to read about rooting some more on these forums because I am not sure I need to root. I love the phone the way it is now and being that this is my first android phone I don't care about the bing issue. One search engine versus another I guess. On my PC I always used yahoo search so both are new to me.

dhaymond

Reaction score
I can download it but than when I go to install it. It starts installing than 3 sec it stops reboots than days failed. Anyone know why?

OP
klaudiadroid2

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I can download it but than when I go to install it. It starts installing than 3 sec it stops reboots than days failed. Anyone know why?

Try manually installing it via Odin
If your familiar with it. I wasn't but its really simple actually

dhaymond

Reaction score
Thanx for that. Is there a step by step somewhere?

EvilDragonX

Reaction score
I updated mine today, haven't used gps yet, but web browsing seems faster.

miket81

Reaction score
I'm trying to download it right now but the download is stuck at 1% in my notifications panel. I'm at work and the service is spotty here so I'm assuming that's why. Does anyone know how I can get it to stop trying to download? I'd rather wait till I get home to mess with this rather than it draining my battery trying to download.

Scott1974

Reaction score
Was able to successfully download and install the update here in Northern Virginia/DC. Had to go into Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check Now to download, but it worked flawlessly. The GPS now locks on (and accurately) in about 5 - 10 seconds. The bottom buttons now also remain backlit. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they come up with an update to improve the reception signal strength soon.

I've seen some posts that state that this update wiped their phone? I did a back-up on my prior to the update as a precaution, but once the update was downloaded and installed, everything was right where it was before. Not sure why others have reported having things removed/erased?

OP
klaudiadroid2

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
Was able to successfully download and install the update here in Northern Virginia/DC. Had to go into Settings > About Phone > System Update > Check Now to download, but it worked flawlessly. The GPS now locks on (and accurately) in about 5 - 10 seconds. The bottom buttons now also remain backlit. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they come up with an update to improve the reception signal strength soon.

I've seen some posts that state that this update wiped their phone? I did a back-up on my prior to the update as a precaution, but once the update was downloaded and installed, everything was right where it was before. Not sure why others have reported having things removed/erased?

When you manually install it. It does wipe your phone out

ATC1986

Reaction score
Im still having problems with the gps (it still says searching for gps) when I go to google nav .....wat should I do.....should I ask for a new phone?......but I dont want a referb one

rogers_tj

Reaction score
Im still having problems with the gps (it still says searching for gps) when I go to google nav .....wat should I do.....should I ask for a new phone?......but I dont want a referb one

I am still having issues with my GPS as well. I am located in south carolina. Would location make a difference because i know other fascinate users had success with their GPS lock after the update.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Are you using it with your GPS on? It only takes mine about 5 seconds to lock on.