DjrBliss Comes Through! Releases ICS Leak Root Exploit for the BIONIC

Mr4G

Reaction score
I did mine on a W7 x 64 machine and it worked. It recognized it, installed the drivers except the MTP ones, but the script ran and worked, go figure.

I'm going to ship my Bionic over to you.....lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr4G

Reaction score
Mine also worked on win 7 64b

I wonder if it's my phone then. It still has SuperUser installed from the Gingerbread root I had before installing ICS. Neither superuser nor TitaniumBackup have root access to my phone and I don't know how to remove su from my phone without root access.

jwilly216

Reaction score
Mr4G said:
I wonder if it's my phone then. It still has SuperUser installed from the Gingerbread root I had before installing ICS. Neither superuser nor TitaniumBackup have root access to my phone and I don't know how to remove su from my phone without root access.

U kept superuser throughout the update?

juan512atx

Reaction score
well im stumped also..
replacement bionic came in today with .902 then i OTA .905 and then installed ics 6.7.2233 so this was truly a clean phone..
ics is running AWESOME but i cannot root..
i have tried 3 different computers, 2 win 7 64 bit and 1 xp sp3 32 bit.. installed helper 5.5 and latest drivers from motorola.com
i run the run.bat from razr edge windows and just sits at:
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

I have read and read for hours now and cant find a solution..
i have rebooted my comp after EVERY install/uninstall of moto drivers too

I am also making sure usb debugging is enabled and also in MTP mode (have tried doing this in all 3 modes also just for kicks)
one win 7 box is even showing the mtp device installed in device manager haha. still run.bat hangs at same place..

any other tips??

Mr4G

Reaction score
U kept superuser throughout the update?

Yeah, weird huh?

I ended up FXZ'ing back to stock .902, then OTA to .905, then re did the ICS leak and now the script works. Must've been some weirdness with flashing the ICS leak from .905 while being rooted.

Luckily I had a Titanium backup of my SMS,MMS messages and my oh so important Temple Run stats.....LOL

useltonm

Reaction score
Do you have the box check marked for unknown sources in security and screen lock in settings?

well im stumped also..
replacement bionic came in today with .902 then i OTA .905 and then installed ics 6.7.2233 so this was truly a clean phone..
ics is running AWESOME but i cannot root..
i have tried 3 different computers, 2 win 7 64 bit and 1 xp sp3 32 bit.. installed helper 5.5 and latest drivers from motorola.com
i run the run.bat from razr edge windows and just sits at:
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *

I have read and read for hours now and cant find a solution..
i have rebooted my comp after EVERY install/uninstall of moto drivers too

I am also making sure usb debugging is enabled and also in MTP mode (have tried doing this in all 3 modes also just for kicks)
one win 7 box is even showing the mtp device installed in device manager haha. still run.bat hangs at same place..

any other tips??

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I didn't use it but I've read on these forums that Voodo works to root after the ICS update, whatever that is!

juan512atx

Reaction score
SOLVED - just started from scratch.. flashed FXZ .902 > OTA .905 > installed 6.7.2233 and script ran on the VERY first try.. crazy stuff going on.. but finally rooted on 6.7.2233

useltonm

Reaction score
It is "security and screen lock" under settings. Sorry. I worded it funny. I had issues when I tried rooting too. Had forgotten about checking unknown sources after flashing back to .902 then ota to .905. Turns out my issue was actually just needing new drivers.

yes unkown sources is checked... "what is screen lock in settings"

Sipiii

Reaction score
did not work for my razr just said waiting for a Device any help ? please thanks :)

bikesrok

Reaction score
Has anyone used this to root a bionic which has the Verizion ICS installed?

I have never rooted an Android phone. This exploit was recommended but I see almost no posts since June. In November Verizon pushed ICS to Bionics and I now run it. Does anyone know whether this exploit words on a non-rooted ICS Bionic?

Thanks,

< david

kilarican

Reaction score
ics root.

Look up razor edge one click root.should take you on right path....