DJ05/Rooting files (How To)

n660623x

Reaction score
Ok..when I try took flash clockwork recovery update.zip it says signature verification failed....anyone have any input on this?
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
J

joe3681

Reaction score
I put rar but its a .tar you use with Odin. You shouldn't be flashing update anything through recovery. I have a feeling you're not reading right and doing something way wrong.

n660623x

Reaction score
Apparently so.....because I did install from sd card like it says...it apeared to install just fine......then all I could get is the samsung boot screen...its stuck...I tried going and flashing the stick files for a bricked phone...this got me as far as the verizon splash screen....then the screen goes black and nothing....I will go to verizon today and pray that there is no way they can find I've fu**ed up the phone voiding the warranty....I'll leave well enough alone next time. I'm a freaking moron.

AuroEdge

Reaction score
Apparently so.....because I did install from sd card like it says...it apeared to install just fine......then all I could get is the samsung boot screen...its stuck...I tried going and flashing the stick files for a bricked phone...this got me as far as the verizon splash screen....then the screen goes black and nothing....I will go to verizon today and pray that there is no way they can find I've fu**ed up the phone voiding the warranty....I'll leave well enough alone next time. I'm a freaking moron.

Speaking from experience if there's an old woman working as a rep you'll be just fine.

OP
J

joe3681

Reaction score

Leave the next one stock. Before you go in try using Odin to get it to stock di01. (Directions are floating around) DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING BUT WHAT THE DIRECTIONS SAY. Flashing whatever you feel like isn't the best idea.

n660623x

Reaction score
well there was no old woman there..but a young lady with an old womans name "Miriam" lol ordered me a new phone because they have none in stock..so I guess I'm alright. I should have it tomorrow.