Diztronic TPU Case Users - I Need Some Input

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
If you're using the Diz TPU cases, do you have any problems getting lint/dirt etc in the uncovered ports - charger, hdmi, HeadPhone?

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The Diztronic case doesn't add to anything getting in the uncovered ports. The same amount can get in there that could get into the ports using any similar style of case that has uncovered ports. The specific brand (Diztronic, Cruzer Lite, Cimo, Seidio, etc.) won't matter. It's just the fact that ports are uncovered. I never have problems with any dirt or lint of any kind getting in the ports regardless of the brand of case that's being used (or going without a case for that matter).

OP
R

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
I realize the Diz isn't the only case that has uncovered ports and doesn't have any special properties to keep dirt out of the ports. I'm just looking for experience from those that have "uncovered port" cases.

I'm trying to determine if it's worth getting an Otterbox Commuter that has the ports covered vs getting a slimmer case.

The Otterbox is still in the running, but I'd like something slimmer.....I just didn't want to run into problems getting "dirt" in the ports by getting one with the ports exposed.

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Generally speaking it won't matter, obviously if you happen to work in an environment where sawdust or metal shavings are flying around, id get the commuter.

I use the defender and tpu, change as needed and very happy. As far as dirt in the ports, it almost never matters.

Googorola MAXX

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I realize the Diz isn't the only case that has uncovered ports and doesn't have any special properties to keep dirt out of the ports. I'm just looking for experience from those that have "uncovered port" cases.

I'm trying to determine if it's worth getting an Otterbox Commuter that has the ports covered vs getting a slimmer case.

The Otterbox is still in the running, but I'd like something slimmer.....I just didn't want to run into problems getting "dirt" in the ports by getting one with the ports exposed.

Well, like I said, I've never had any problems with uncovered ports in years of smartphone usage. As Caesars said, generally speaking, it won't matter if the ports are uncovered. I find cases that have covers for the ports to be more annoying than anything, because I'm constantly having to open the ports to use them. I can understand the need for them in certain situations, but for me, times where I'd need that kind of protection are few and far between. Diztronic makes some of the best cases I've used hands down. They provide exactly what I want and need out of a case.