[DIY] Custom SoftKeys

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Excellent work....but can i make a request for the glow dots? Like instead of a color, it would be like a bomber dude like in stetsonaw's epic blue theme, or the rockstar energy logo...if this will work for droid 4 aokp

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
By glow dots, do you mean what shows up behind the soft keys when pressed? I don't know how this would work on a D4. Do you have a nav bar with soft keys? Some roms have the option to change them. I did this for the Galaxy Nexus.

Why u no have Nexus? :D

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Sho do pimpin...lol.....jb aokp has the option for nav bars..aokp is the only rom i run..every other rom just seems stripped down and kinda boring.. yea the glow dots is what i was talking abt..
Il flash this when i get my d4 back from Motorola, and il give this wanka a try mate

Actual i really am looking into a gnex just to play..and keep my d4 cause i have to have a keyboard..

Btw, u still ride dirt bikes?...im racing d class next spring...rm250:icon_ banana:

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Don't flash these. The zips just have the icons. They're not flashable zips. But, if your aokp has options to change the soft keys built into the rom, then download these, unzip them(on your phone) & use the aokp options. Much easier than making a zip to flash. If that won't work, there's other ways I'm sure.

No more bikes for me, atm. My rmz250 was the last one I had. Didn't have time to ride & they were just sitting there.
Good luck racing. I competed in a hair scramble once. Never saw so many wrecks at once :crazy:

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yea i dont like woods lol...i went to the hospital racing some friends...bent my neck backwards and made my left shoulder sit way up higher then my right shoulder...it was horrible for 2 months...landed on 3 big slate rocks face first. The bike actually bounced off my back it hit me so hard..and i busted the mouth piece of my brand new fox helmet..
But the same day i wrecked, one guy flipped his huntin four wheeller out there on the whoop section (yea i know right) and broke his back.!
So only track for me...i got the 30ft doubles down packed..been doin no handers and no footers.. although my whips are kinda sketchy lol
U ever to a quad to a track?....its scary. lol..

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Speaking of wrecks, a friend of mine competed in some like 300miles race in arizona on a xr650..
Race of 500 people and 200 made it.said if u brake down, theres no communication in the middle of no where lol

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ok pimpin im at xda and im abt to root this bad boy..but u said something abt unlocking..
so do i unlock the bootloader then root or what?

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I'd look for Wug's toolkit. That'll make it easy for you.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i still dont know what to do 1st..do i unlock the bootloader 1st or just root it and be done?
unlock bootloader means what?

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Sorry, I suggested the toolkit because it takes the guess work out. I unlocked mine 1st, then rooted it

Ticklefish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z
These are really nice!

I run a theming tool called Tickle My Android on xda. It's mainly a decompiling/recompiling tool but it can help people change their icons.
Can I include some of these in it? You would get full credit, of course.