Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Here's a few lockscreen icons I've been messing with. For right now, this is the only color I have.
Sorry, no screen shots of them on the phone. There's 27 total icons that I've changed. Here's a few to get an idea.

SS_ic_lockscreen_camera_activated.png
SS_ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
SS_ic_lockscreen_chevron_right.png
SS_ic_lockscreen_unlock_activated.png

How to Install
Follow this guide to install these: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-themes/194871-how-diy-softkeys-mods.html. I know it says SoftKeys, but the process is the same. These icons will be placed in the Framework-res.apk, not the SystemUI.apk. Using 7zip(described in the How-To link), the framework-res.apk will be located here; \system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi. Or just use the folder names inside the zip file to know where to place them.

Note: If you're on GummyNex & have the lockscreen set to display the 4 icons, you probably have 2 stars. If you want to change those, they are called, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_activated.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_one_normal.png, zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_activated.png & zzic_lockscreen_custom_two_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi folder of the framework-res.apk.

Also: When you get a phone call, the icon that shows up(the one that looks like a phone) is in the phone.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi & is called ic_in_call_touch_handle_normal.png. If you want that one changed also, you'll have to edit that one in the phone.apk. It's not taken/used from the framework-res.apk. But it's the same one as the ic_lockscreen_answer_normal.png in the drawable-xhdpi in the framework-res.apk.

I don't feel that I'm completely done with all the icons, so check back from time to time.

Custom Blue Lockscreen Icons:
(These are just some of the icons. There's 24 in all in the zip. Also include the ic_lockscreen_chevron's from the pictures above. Those are the ones that look like parenthesis)
The zip file for these include 2 folders. Use them to know where to place these icons in your rom.
SS4-5.png
SS8.png

SS5-5.png
SS6-5.png

SS1-5.png
SS7.png

SS2-5.png
SS3-5.png

Monochrome:
They're just like the 2nd set. 24 icons with 2 folders inside the zip file
SS2-7.png
SS1-7.png

SS3-7.png
SS4-7.png

SS5-7.png
SS6-7.png

SS7-1.png
SS8-1.png

The Lock Screen Icons <--Same link for all sets.

If for some reason you swap out icons & your not showing any changes or end up with missing icons, check the file names of your original icons that came with your rom. There may be a chance that your rom calls them something else. In that case, just rename the ones I have to what your rom calls them.

Last edited:
OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Updated OP with instructions for those running GummyNex & don't like the stars on the lockscreen that launches apps.

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Added more icons that were requested by cynkrzy at Galaxy Nexus Forums. Updated info & the last 2 zips.

chris420o

Reaction score
thanks for this ima try it out...but i do have a question...i had done the softkeymod on fgummy 6.5 or w.e was before 6.6...now when i flashed 6.6 they were removed so i went and reflashed the same zip i made using the 7zipper app method and it took away the battary bar on the top in gummy 6.6...now im sure it was bc this replaced the framework.apk with the older one i had...now if i was to do this now on gummy 7.7 how can i make sure a situation like that doesnt happen again?...do i have to redo the settings in the 7zip program or im not sure im skeptical to try mods like this now for fear ill ruin mods in the framework done by the rom

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
thanks for this ima try it out...but i do have a question...i had done the softkeymod on fgummy 6.5 or w.e was before 6.6...now when i flashed 6.6 they were removed so i went and reflashed the same zip i made using the 7zipper app method and it took away the battary bar on the top in gummy 6.6...now im sure it was bc this replaced the framework.apk with the older one i had...now if i was to do this now on gummy 7.7 how can i make sure a situation like that doesnt happen again?...do i have to redo the settings in the 7zip program or im not sure im skeptical to try mods like this now for fear ill ruin mods in the framework done by the rom

If you did the softkeys, and flashing 6.6 erased them, it was because you replaced the old SystemUI.apk with the new one from 6.6. The softkeys are in the SystemUI.apk, not the framework-res.apk.

One way to do it is to take the SystemUI.apk(or any .apk for that matter) out of the rom you want, place the icons in it & flash it like you did before with this blank update.zip: blank_Galaxy_Nexus_update - Minus . Most of the time, it safer to use the .apk's from the newer rom than trying to use ones from the previous one.

Or, if you use ADB, place the SystemUI.apk in the same folder that ADB is on your computer. Then connect your usb cable to the phone, open the command prompt & type this;
Code:
(enter the path to your ADB. Mine is in SDK\tools. So it would look like this)
(press enter after each bold line)
[B]cd C:\SDK\tools
[/B][B]adb devices[/B] <--just to make sure ADB sees you phone
[B]adb remount[/B]
[B]adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb reboot
[/B]

Just to be clear, thats for the softkeys. You can do the same ADB commands with the framework-res.apk. The only difference would be the "adb push" part. It would look like this
Code:
[B]adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
[/B]

Personally I prefer using ADB. But if you have any trouble, just let me know.

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
If you can put these in your framework-res.apk and either adb push it, maybe use a file explorer or flash the app to install it.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i thought wrong again...i was hoping to just flash the zip but nope.
o well great work tho

OP
CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
The zips are just the icons. I'll see what I can come up with for ya. Patience young grasshopper :D

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS