1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Divx codec from motoroi anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by raydm, Apr 18, 2010.

1. raydm

raydm New Member

Hi there. is it possible to get divx codecs or files or whatever is responseable for divx playback on motoroi to ported over droid. they both are running the same spec isn't?
  2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

If its the same OS, it might be possible. depending on if the codec uses hardware acceleration or not, however, unless you are talking about a different model, I don't see DIVX mentioned in the specs. I do see a build-in HDMI slot though.

Motorola XT720 MOTOROI - Full phone specifications
  3. JhankG

JhankG New Member

There is an app in the market that already does this, although I've never tried it. It's called either yx flash or xy flash.
  4. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

And there is another app as well, which was mentioned in a different thread:

But the actual question was in regards of if a possible DIVX codec from a different Android device could be used in some form on the Droid.
    The specs of the Motoroi do not mention DIVX as a supported format, but if there was an Android device that actually had DIVX support, and it was running on similar hardware, then yes, its possible
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I have tried yxFlash or whatever it's called. It worked really well for me actually, but its only a trial and only plays like 2 minutes of your file. I think the full version was like 10 bucks and I could be wrong, but I didnt think its not on the market, you have to pay them privatly... I dont do that

I think something should come along soon... just nice to have for traveling.
Search tags for this page

droid x video codec

droid x2 video codec