Ditched Fascinate for X

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I had actually considered ditching my X (had since day one) for the Fascinate when it first came out. A few different visits to play with it changed my mind quick. To me it was glitchy and slow. And the screen did not look that great.

avt123

Reaction score
I wont buy a Samsung device until they prove they support their devices much better.

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fascinate goes back in the morning. I have had it 2.5 weeks, rooted it and played around but the GPS is deal breaker. The sound quality was better on my D1 than this also. Love the size and looks of it, but no real support from Samsung or Verizon. Dont get me wrong this will be a great phone when the bugs get worked out. So I will be trading for and X in the morning.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses all! I'm seriously considering a swap, especially now that I'm having some problems with the market (on JT's super clean ROM :(). If there's word that the HDinc is coming before the end of the year, I may just return it all together and hold out for that. Or, like JonKyu, I might wait even LONGER for the Moto Etna :D.

AIJames

Reaction score
My coworker and friend has a Fascinate, i liked it alot would have even bought a Fascinate.

my issues with it was
no google stuff instead bing
no 2.1
the low internal memory
cartoon like colors

i picked the droid x because of the fast processor
large screen
full google integration
never had an issue with motorola phones

i went from blackberry storm to droid eris to droid x on Rubix Focused 1.8.6

Bayman

Reaction score
want to bring back an older thread, but now that verizon has release an update that fixes some feature, notably the gps issue, someone convince me to switch to an X over the fascinate. Not having Froyo is killing me but i have to believe it will be out sometime soon...and when it does happen...then i am not sure why to go with the X, what say you X users, help me out?

MrKleen

Reaction score
want to bring back an older thread, but now that verizon has release an update that fixes some feature, notably the gps issue, someone convince me to switch to an X over the fascinate. Not having Froyo is killing me but i have to believe it will be out sometime soon...and when it does happen...then i am not sure why to go with the X, what say you X users, help me out?

You do have something the X does not have... an unlocked bootloader!

I believe there is a Froyo rom available that you could install.

Bayman

Reaction score
not sure i can trust myself to root this, without bricking it...thanks for the thought tho

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I've had the x for a month rooted and running darkslide no probs. Rocksteady. Great phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Also my 1st smart phone coming from tmibile dash (sucked) 1st time rooting and romming great support on droid forums my #1app lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App