Disturbing call w/ Verizon rep on droid upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sal, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not so according to the woman I spoke to today. See my original post starting this thread. She asked not one but two others when I protested. It was a 25 minute call!

2. Rogue27

Rogue27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just quit vzw call center yesterday and not bound by confidentiality so just stop fighting it. If u read what i posted it makes perfect sense and if u cant put the pieces together ur too lost for me to help. Just stop confusing everyone else in the forum with what u think this means rather than what actually is. Ive had hour long calls with customers and at tge end of calls they still dont know up from down so a 25 minute call u may have had is great but u have the facts do what u wish with them

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

3. vatothe0

vatothe0 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    So much misinformation in this thread. Anyone that is willing to talk about changes, didn't pay enough attention to the training to understand the statement of confidentiality so they probably don't know what they are talking about.

Just wait until the 16th.

4. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rather than hurl invective, you might just say that you disagree with the interpretation of the rules by the rep with whom I spoke. That's a fair position. Peace, brother...:)

5. motoconvert

motoconvert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really find it hard to beleive that VZW would screw loyal customers (I know, I know...whatever)...they are probably still going to offer phones at a discounted price, they're just gonna call the "program" something else. I just can't see them investing is new phones knowing that they will lose well over half of their customers if they no longer offer top phones at a discounted price...Flame me all you want, I just don't see it happening...

6. leakim13

leakim13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just eating popcorn watching this... Sitting next to my NEW EVERY TWO upgrade that was effective nov 23 2010, ill wait till may and see what's out... If I don't like anything ill use it to get the most expensive android LTE phone on the market, then sell it, keep using my droid 2 until a phone is released that I want then buy that...

From the Great North Woods

7. Rogue27

Rogue27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon is making a good decision and i hope everyone threatening to disconnect really do cause if ur so ungrateful for that fact that verizon is the only one who has had a program like this for so long then its not that vzw doesnt deserve ur loyalty its that u dont deserve vzw's loyalty. And this helps with accts like mine where i have five lines and only one ever benefits from annuals and ne2's. Now that verizon is no longer forced to focus all the promotions on phones towards ne2 and annuals they can disburse and make phones cheaper all across the board regardless of whether its the primary line or not. Yeah my primary line always got great phone deals previously but all other four lines were killer to pay off wheb upgrades rolled around. So stop whining and be glad vzw even kept it up this long

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

8. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    So aggressive...i get what your saying, but please take it down a notch. Respect the peeps. :)

9. bart2546

bart2546 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My only confusion is that to my understanding the only thing that's changing with this "promotion" is you loose the credit of anywhere from 30 to 100 dollars towards a new phone. Everything else I've read aside from this thread stated that on your eligible upgrade dates you would still receive your subsidized phone price but no extra credit towards the phone.

And everything Verizon does is always grandfathered in so as some have said, you won't loose that credit until after you use your most recent new every two and sign a new contact after January 16th.

This is what I have come to understand from reading everywhere else.

Regards,
    Brandon
    Sent from my Verizon Droid X

10. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not sure when the vzw website updated, but we have our answers:

Worry Free Guarantee
    New Every Two FAQ

11. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks so much. Now if I get a misinformed trip I'll have proof. I guess the 13 month part, means I can't upgrade until March. Bought my original droid last Feb.

12. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I get it, but let me just verify.... I just hit 13 months on my D1 and am eligible for my Annual Upgrade. I really want to wait for the Bionic... I should be good waiting and get the Bionic discounted when it comes out.. correct?

Search tags for this page

navigate to mcdonalds