Disturbing call w/ Verizon rep on droid upgrade

Rogue27

Reaction score
Verizon is making a good decision and i hope everyone threatening to disconnect really do cause if ur so ungrateful for that fact that verizon is the only one who has had a program like this for so long then its not that vzw doesnt deserve ur loyalty its that u dont deserve vzw's loyalty. And this helps with accts like mine where i have five lines and only one ever benefits from annuals and ne2's. Now that verizon is no longer forced to focus all the promotions on phones towards ne2 and annuals they can disburse and make phones cheaper all across the board regardless of whether its the primary line or not. Yeah my primary line always got great phone deals previously but all other four lines were killer to pay off wheb upgrades rolled around. So stop whining and be glad vzw even kept it up this long

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon is making a good decision and i hope everyone threatening to disconnect really do cause if ur so ungrateful for that fact that verizon is the only one who has had a program like this for so long then its not that vzw doesnt deserve ur loyalty its that u dont deserve vzw's loyalty. And this helps with accts like mine where i have five lines and only one ever benefits from annuals and ne2's. Now that verizon is no longer forced to focus all the promotions on phones towards ne2 and annuals they can disburse and make phones cheaper all across the board regardless of whether its the primary line or not. Yeah my primary line always got great phone deals previously but all other four lines were killer to pay off wheb upgrades rolled around. So stop whining and be glad vzw even kept it up this long

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
So aggressive...i get what your saying, but please take it down a notch. Respect the peeps. :)

bart2546

Reaction score
My only confusion is that to my understanding the only thing that's changing with this "promotion" is you loose the credit of anywhere from 30 to 100 dollars towards a new phone. Everything else I've read aside from this thread stated that on your eligible upgrade dates you would still receive your subsidized phone price but no extra credit towards the phone.

And everything Verizon does is always grandfathered in so as some have said, you won't loose that credit until after you use your most recent new every two and sign a new contact after January 16th.

This is what I have come to understand from reading everywhere else.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

Detonation

Reaction score
Not sure when the vzw website updated, but we have our answers:

Worry Free Guarantee
New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the Annual Upgrade program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your Annual upgrade one more time after fulfilling 13 months of your two-year term or you may wait until after month 20 to redeem your New Every Two credit. (Please see New Every Two for additional details on that program.)

New Every Two FAQ
New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
Not sure when the vzw website updated, but we have our answers:

Worry Free Guarantee
New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the Annual Upgrade program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your Annual upgrade one more time after fulfilling 13 months of your two-year term or you may wait until after month 20 to redeem your New Every Two credit. (Please see New Every Two for additional details on that program.)

New Every Two FAQ
New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term.

Thanks so much. Now if I get a misinformed trip I'll have proof. I guess the 13 month part, means I can't upgrade until March. Bought my original droid last Feb.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I think I get it, but let me just verify.... I just hit 13 months on my D1 and am eligible for my Annual Upgrade. I really want to wait for the Bionic... I should be good waiting and get the Bionic discounted when it comes out.. correct?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You don't actually think Verizon is going to lower phones prices do you?? If so I have some ocean front property in arizona you may be interested in??? :)

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I get it, but let me just verify.... I just hit 13 months on my D1 and am eligible for my Annual Upgrade. I really want to wait for the Bionic... I should be good waiting and get the Bionic discounted when it comes out.. correct?

You will get the promotional pricing.. whatever it is.. like $199 after $100 rebate with 2 year contract.. or whatever.. you get the point. If you want the NE2 discount then you will need to wait till month 20 of your current contract. The annual upgrade, for me at least, is $50 and my NE2 is $100. The amount varies depending on your plan and stuff.. but yes you can wait for Bionic and use your upgrade and get promo pricing. Just when you sign on again if you choose a 2 year contract then you will not be eligible for the promo pricing until month 20. If you pay the extra up front and get a one year contract then you are good come month 10. Make sense? Either way you go you will not get the extra on top of promo pricing unless they come out with a new plan once you sign a new contract.

Last edited:

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh and one last thing I have found out.. You have 6 months to use your upgrade.. Now this is not 6 months from now if you are on a two year contract. Once you are eligible for updgrade (month 20 for a 2 yr and month 10 for the one year) THEN you have 6 months to use it. However if you have a 2 year and you are eligible right now for the annual.. like me.. .You stil have time. The 6 month clock will not start until end of contract. This is what I have found reseraching online and according to reps.. I think this is stated in the official announcement too.. Any one know other on this piece?

ballmore

Reaction score
I have to say that this thread has been a very interesting read. Especially the part where someone was threatening the Early Termination then going to try to sign back up to another contract....... good luck with that. Also if any of you can't stand Verizon's "new policies" so much then what other phone company are you going to jump ship to? Where I live Verizon has the best coverage and they don't even have a store within 45 miles of my house. The other phone companies that are 15 miles away have crappy coverage.

I'm not trying to rag on any of my fellow Droid fanatics. Just offering my 2 cents. I'm going to hold off on the new every 2 upgrade as long as possible. When I become eligable at the 20 month mark I will still wait a couple of months to try to get the best phone for the buck. I'm going to set a notification in the calendar app so I don't miss that 6 month window.

With all of that being said I can't wait to see what kind of phones will be out this time next year. The phone that I pick will most likely be the one that all of the devs show interest in making roms for. After being rooted for so long I would feel wierd not having a phone that I could completely trick out. Maybe by then they will release a Droid 3 that will be a limited edition "C3PO" gold version that will complain every time that you get a text or email message.