Display randomly popping on and off

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Last week I was changing some stuff on my husbands maxx and I noticed when I set it down the display would randomly pop on for a few seconds than off. I thought maybe it was an incoming msg or something so I checked his text msgs and marked all as read, checked his email, checked for any running applications etc and nothing was out of the ordinary. I asked him about it and he said he wouldn't notice it because it is always in his shirt pocket at work. We didn't really notice it the next couple of days and I kinf of forgot about it, since my maxx doesn't do it. Then the last couple days it has been doing it again...

Did I over look an application that would cause this? is it something that may be defective? Is there some place you would suggest me look at, settings wise.

Just for added info, I set up both phones. we pretty much have the same applications and neither phone is rooted.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try turning off the pocket detection..... it works via a sensor in the top left of the phone. This could be your issue. Hope this helps

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

DoodleD

Reaction score
pocket detection is the same on both phones and it really didnt seem like that would be the issue when it happens when the phone is just sitting on the desk

thanks for the try...

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I have the same problem and found your thread. Thanks

DROIDX2TN

Reaction score
Same problem here. I've turned it off to see if it helps. I'll report back in a couple of days. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very annoying.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Download androsensor on your devices. It will check the proximity sensor functionality. Compare them to each other and see if perhaps your sensor is faulty.

Mine all do this sporadically though.. just an fyi

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

neoterixx64

Reaction score
My Maxx also does this when I power the display off. It turns on for a few seconds. Sometimes I just have to shut if off. It's an annoyance and I am hoping ICS fixes this problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I find that it does it more when I'm charging..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

futuraforce

Reaction score
Last week I was changing some stuff on my husbands maxx and I noticed when I set it down the display would randomly pop on for a few seconds than off. I thought maybe it was an incoming msg or something so I checked his text msgs and marked all as read, checked his email, checked for any running applications etc and nothing was out of the ordinary. I asked him about it and he said he wouldn't notice it because it is always in his shirt pocket at work. We didn't really notice it the next couple of days and I kinf of forgot about it, since my maxx doesn't do it. Then the last couple days it has been doing it again...

Did I over look an application that would cause this? is it something that may be defective? Is there some place you would suggest me look at, settings wise.

Just for added info, I set up both phones. we pretty much have the same applications and neither phone is rooted.

Mine did this until I uninstalled "Music Download Paradise Lite". It was very frustrating to trouble shoot. I finally found the culprit! Hope this helps

futuraforce

Reaction score
I guess he has used Music Paradise... I don't. Did you find a replacement application?

There are other mp3 download apps but music paradise is the best. It does have side effects as I mentioned earlier. I probably will download when needed and uninstall when I'm through, since I have unlimited data. Right now I'm trying "mp3 music download".