Display problems with new Droid X

js415

Reaction score
This is my first post, my first "mobile device", and my first Droid!!!

Just got it last week, and so far like it very well. Cleaned up a few of the apps I did not want, got my e-mail all synced up, and everything is working perfect.

Turned it off about 10pm last night, and then back on this morning. When it turned on, the lower 1/3 of the screen, where the menu buttons are. was flickering really bad, and was repeating what was on the top of the screen.

Did a factory reset a coupe of times, lost my data, but no good luck with the screen.

Everything still worked, but was dang neat impossible to touch the correct places on the screen.

Called Verizon, ran through tech support, and they said they would send me another brand new unit. Could be up to a 2 week wait. Nothing I could do so I said ok.

I made a phone call on the unit, and when I hung up the phone, the screen was back to normal, and everything has worked fine the rest of the day.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

kdkinc

Reaction score
I recall reading this a few weeks ago. I don't believe this is a repost
The exact situation !!!
Watch out the DX see's all knows all... lol

Best of luck with the new one your present phone must have a loose connection inside.

Last edited:
OP
J

js415

Reaction score
Cancel my thoughts.

I just found the posts I was looking for before I posted my problems.

Seems this is a common problem, and my be fixed, or may not be fixed!!!

Jerry

barski

Reaction score
my first droid x had display problems, took it back to my local verizon store they gave me a new one and no problems since.

BACAbone

Reaction score
Mine had the same issue so I contacted motorola. They had a1 hour wait on getting to me so I scheduled a call back. Told the problem to the service lady and left the# for my device. Didn't get a call back, instead I got an update and boom problem solved. I figured it was a software issue when drocap wouldn't take a screen shot but I didn't know how to explain it to them without admitting I was rooted.