display light at bottom of screen

roach

Reaction score
Hello,
My wife has had her samsung fascinate for over a month,I have a droidx.
My question is what can I do to keep her display lit up on the bottom of her phone,it goes out fast.
I did all the normal things in the display section but did not find a solution.
THANK'S

krnmc

Reaction score
From what i know theres no solution to that issue. However the new update is suppose to come out with a solution. But i maybe worng since i just got my phone little less then a month

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
There's been lots of rumors
I was told by Samsung that the new froyo 2.2 update is coming out sometime this month
We are all crossing our fingers

minmongoblin

Reaction score
There are custom kernels that extend the display, but that involves rooting the phone and such.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Yuppp im like dieing for an update......but i still Love this phone! =]

If you love the fascinate then you will hate it after you have played with the Droid X.
Just the feel of the Droid X in someones hands will be enough.
The fascinate phone is a toy in comparison with the Droid X,it is by far the best
smartphone I have owned,which is everyone verizion has sold.

Katnipthief

Reaction score
I don't like the droid. Its oddly shaped and the screen looks crappy compared to fascinate. My sister has the droid x and This fascinate phone is just superior. You're lying to yourself thinking the Droid is better.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
I don't like the droid. Its oddly shaped and the screen looks crappy compared to fascinate. My sister has the droid x and This fascinate phone is just superior. You're lying to yourself thinking the Droid is better.

I have a few problems with the 1500,it feels like I am not holding nothing in my hand.to light.
Keyboard built for children and the main issue is you must be in a room with lights to see the bottom of the screen because it does not light up.
But the phone is sleek and it is made by samsung.I´ll give you that.

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
I dont get the part the X people say that this phone is to light. Thats my fav thing. its like having nothing I dont to walk around with a damn rock in my pocket. I want a nice phone with a great screen and light as a feather.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
My best friend and co-worker went with the X, after playing around with it and comparing both devices, I couldn't possibly declare one "better" than the other, and I'm curious as to why you're lurking a Fascinate thread with this proclamation. Inferiority comlplex?

The Fascinate does HD video, has integrated touch softkeys, is faster, lighter, comes with a 16 gig msd and easier to keep clean. Those are the reasons I went with the Fascinate. It's a sleeker, sexier device than the blocky, squared off X.

You might consider the fact that many of us had a choice between the two phones, and chose the Fascinate as per individual tastes and utilities.

I didn't need an 8 gig cam, a button deck that's gonna get crud in it over time (or just wear out), or an extra .3 screen res.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Another annoying problem with the lit softkeys after the update: when reading Nook books the light turns on every damn time you turn a page. EXTREMELY ANNOYING, especially in a low-light environment.