display/hardware problem

amegakure

Reaction score
So im not so tech savy and I could appreciate some help.

All I was doingg was txting and my phone got a lil laggy. So I press the screen off button the turned it bak on. The screen went all waky and didn't respond to anything id didd and did random things on its own. I took out the battery and turned it bak on in 30 a couple times. It finally let me in but its still super lagyy and does things onn its own. I had to take my pattern lock off or I couldn't use it. Andy ideas..malware, hardware sommething???

Thanks
Amega

lizard

Reaction score
Have you rooted?
Are you on stock rom?
Are you overclocked?
Are you using a non-stock texting app?

OP
A

amegakure

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh....lol. *embarrased* I don't know what yah mean by most of that but the txting app is stock.

lizard

Reaction score
If you don't know what I mean then you are stock unless somebody has been messing with your phone. That's good, by not messing with your phone and maybe voiding your warranty it will be easier getting a replacement if its a device issue.
Do you have a lot of undeleted texts?
Have you cleared your texting app data in Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All Tab>Texting app you are using?
Clear cache and data from there, then force close the app, then reboot phone. Hope this helps. Is your phone running well aside from this or are other apps laggy as well.

OP
A

amegakure

Reaction score
Well I cann do those thing but im not sure its txting cause at first like my screen lock and pattern lock were freaking out and not responding. And like different aps would open by themselves but nothings happened so far so it could just need cleaned up. Ill try what u said unless u have a new suggestion

lizard

Reaction score
I understand, just trying to get a feel for what's got you to where you are. Have you dropped your phone lately or gotten it wet? Are you running an underclock app like setcpu that turns your processor speed down?

lizard

Reaction score
The apps opening by themselves is really weird though! Do you remember which ones? Are you using a task killer/manager, like ATK?

Last edited:
OP
A

amegakure

Reaction score
Uhh lol I did dropp it awhile bbak but this seemed really random but its ggottin better in last hour. Lol it could be a lot of stuff it seems

Uh fb opened voice serch. Task killer opened, voice commands, market. And just the verison task killer they put on for me. It would also frezze up and not respond.

Last edited:

lizard

Reaction score
I would uninstall your task killer. If you want to you can reinstall later. Just to troubleshoot and eliminate that as problem. Task managers are the cause of a lot of problems. Ironicly poor battery life is one of them. That was why I ditched mine.
Also, I had force close issues with Facebook app and just started using their mobile site.

Last edited:
OP
A

amegakure

Reaction score
Ugh lol it could be the video card as for monitors I don't know what yah meann

lizard

Reaction score
Does your phone seem to be gettinng warmer than usual? Do you have any apps installed to monitor battery or processor temp? If it was lagging due to getting hot though, I think you could probably tell by touch if it is getting hotter than it ever was, and does this happen right after/during charging? Some people have used wrong charger for their phone and it could cause in some cases the generation of excess heat. Just a thought. Sorry if I'm not much help.

OP
A

amegakure

Reaction score
The bak gets really hot when I play a game for to long other than that it dosent seem to bad. Ur help has been useful, ill probably swing by a Verizon store some time

silverfang77

Reaction score
Are you using a third party charger? I've heard of Droids doing wacky stuff when plugged into third party chargers.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk