Display gone during calls

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Linuxftw, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Linuxftw

Linuxftw New Member

Hi, all. This is my first post on the forums here however I have been following them for quite some time. This may sound like a noob question however this is bugging me. I have been trying out the new Roms, Greek35T, Official Nexus, Milestone etc. After installing each Rom and playing with them a couple days I would then revert back to my original 2.0.1 Nandroid backup because I need my phone to have all its features working and such due to work. However this last time after reverting to my Nandroid backup from Milestone, when I make calls the screen goes blank (as it should when its on your ear) however when I try to multitask during a call and take the phone away from my ear the display remains turned off. The only way I know how to turn it on during a call at the moment is to slide the keyboard out, and then once I slide it closed the display turns off again. Maybe there is a setting on the phone somewhere I accidently changed or maybe it has something to do with Milestone?...I have tried reflashing my Nandroid backup multiple times now and have search for this setting to change on the device. Maybe I'm just retarded. Thanks for your help guys.
  2. Benjamin Crist

Benjamin Crist New Member

I had this happening to me several times as well. I found other people online were having the same issue and they swapped out their handset and it wasn't a problem. I just swapped the handset, and it hasn't happened on my new unit, but I just set it up yesterday.
  3. Linuxftw

Linuxftw New Member

Thank you for the info. I will be heading to Verizon now.
  4. Benjamin Crist

Benjamin Crist New Member

You are welcome. I'm not 100% sure you need to swap the phone out, but hopefully they helped you. I also had issues missing calls so between the two things I wanted to swap handsets within my 30 day period. I missed the 30 day period by 3 days anyway, lol.

If you are outside your 30 day period and they ship you a new one, ignore the directions on activating the new one from a landline and you can just setup your new phone and it will ask you to verify some information and then activate itself and deactivate the old one. I would suggest using the directions on this forum to do a factory reset of old device before handing it in.
Search tags for this page

can't turn screen back on during call galaxy s4