Display dims in car dock

pbbgso

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to keep the screen from dimming when its in the car dock? I've tried turning the automatic brightness setting on and off, but it doesn't seem to stay at the highest brightness regardless of the setting.

ultra09hd

Reaction score
In settings ..display ..brightness..power saver..on/off.

…from a RAZR on a Harley…

OP
P

pbbgso

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I think I tried that too at one time, but I'll try it again with the different auto brightness settings.

OP
P

pbbgso

Reaction score
The settings on the Droid 4 (Gingerbread - 2.3.6) must be different than what's on the RAZR. It doesn't have a power save setting on the Navigation Dock. It does have a setting for brightness, but not power save. It didn't really make a difference on mine. I'm probably going to root my phone this evening and put a custom ROM on it so I can tether. Hopefully the brightness issue will be nonexisitent.

SylenThunder

Reaction score
I just use the Smart Actions app that came on my D4 to configure it. I have it set so that when it connects to my GPS in the car via bluetooth and is plugged in, it uses a profile that I customized. No root or rom required.

Sent from my rooted DROID4 using Droid Forums App

OP
P

pbbgso

Reaction score
That's a great idea. I haven't tried creating a rule in Smart Actions. I just set one up that will set the display on full brightness when it is in the car dock. Thanks for the reply!

ultra09hd

Reaction score
In main settings. Not navigation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

pbbgso

Reaction score
I don't see "Power Save" under Settings>Display or Settings>Display>Brightness. I'm on a D4 with 2.3.6. I'll keep searching to see if I can figure out where it is.