Disney Mobile Magic

fbell

Reaction score
Anybody hear when the Disney Mobile Magic app will be ready for the Droid?

JayMonster

Reaction score
It appears this has just been released for the feature phone set (I am assuming then it is a BREW based application), which means it will need more than a "port" to get it on the Droid... so I wouldn't bet on this being anytime soon.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I have a feeling Disney developed this app around BREW style phones so they can rent the devices out at the parks and resorts. It's a shame, because there are some great iPhone apps out for Disney touring. Just gotta hope TourGuideMike's advice stays solid until this comes over to smart phones.

coondogg97

Reaction score
There is a WDW Map Set app available for the Droid from UPinPoint - iPhone Theme Park Maps

chart

You can see a video here:

[video=youtube;6Ntg-x_j5Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ntg-x_j5Hk[/video]

Technoman

Reaction score
Seems a little High on the price for what little it does. Doesn't look much more than a phone cased image of the maps that you get at the parks. When you have ride wait times and such, then the $3.99 might be sensible. Until then, this should be a LOT less.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
The Mobile Magic App does NOT work for the Droid and it is 9.99 for 180 days.
I can't image why Verizon would not plan this for the Droid for all they have sold of them. I really would like an app like this. I have sent emails to the developers of the iphone app but no response. And for $4 The one in the demo above does not seem worth it.. does not look like it even has the DisneyLAND parks.

gabes0969

Reaction score
Disney Mobil Magic

There is an alternative app that requires the participation of people while at Disneyland. Its called Ride Hopper. Its decent app but unless people are submitting ride times its useless. I have a season pass and I submit the times when I go but if those who go to Disney a lot should DL this app and help out.

There is another app called Mouse Wait for the itouch which will soon be available for the Droid. I was emailing with the authors of the app and they are working on a droid version. This one is really good because again it does have acruate wait times along with a list of hidden mickeys and other neat features. For now we are stuch with Ride Hoper

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am also a season pass holder and did not know this was out there!
I don't remember the one app I tried to contact but it is like ride hopper and depends on people at the park submitting times...those developers would never reply.

I hope the other app is available soon

coondogg97

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I am also a season pass holder and did not know this was out there!
I don't remember the one app I tried to contact but it is like ride hopper and depends on people at the park submitting times...those developers would never reply.

I hope the other app is available soon

There is an app for the iPhone called WDW Wait Times. There is a paid and free version and neither of them seemed to take off.

If you are a subscriber to The Unofficial Guide you can bring up a mobile site called "Lines":

http://m.touringplans.com

droid_small.png

Its a simple mobile web page that shows the wait times per park. Its basic, simple and to the point. From what I have seen and read it works very well.

gabes0969

Reaction score
m.touringplans

http://m.touringplans.com

Is a good site to go if you are going to WDW ( Walt Disney World) but it does not yet Support Disneyland. It does have wait times and fast pass info as well and its free for now but eventually you will need to subscribe to the site. I beliave its something like $9 bucks a year.

Claudia

Reaction score
We have a Vacation scheduled for the end of July. I really hope Mobile Magic is available by then.
I was looking at Ride Hoper, anyone else use it?
is it pretty accurate? is the paid one better?
My concern was one users comment that you have to use GPS to report times, from the time you go in, 'till you're out. As he/she put it, that kills our Droid's lifeless battery.

I'll search for a thread about what people are doing while out on daylong trips to these parks where we can't charge our phones. Extra battery I guess.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I have a season pass to Disneyland and have used Ride hopper a few times but there just is not enough people using it (in my opinion) to be useful, and it only has the ride wait times... sometimes accurate sometimes not.

I have not hear of other other than mobile magic which last time I checked is not available for droid

ahpshun

Reaction score
seeing as how this thread is now over a year old and the disney mobile magic app is now available.

can anyone comment on how well this app runs?
is it worth the $1.99 price tag?

i'm only asking cause i'll be heading to orlando in a few days and disney is a big part of the trip.