Disney Mobile Announces A Pair of New Android Powered Smartphones

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Disney-Mobile-DMO-11-and-10-SH-550x193.jpg

I must say, I didn’t even know Disney had a mobile department but apparently things work a little differently out there in Japan. The DM010SH could be considered Disney’s premium Android of the two, featuring a 4-inch 960×540 qHD display, 1GHz processor and an 8MP rear camera. The Disney DM011SH is a water-proof slider (perfect for rides down Splash Mountain) featuring a 3.4-inch display and high res 854×480, 1GHz processor and 8MP camera. Both devices will be running on a modified Android 2.3 Gingerbread, themed up to the nines according to Disney’s standards. The devices will also come in various colors like Minnie pink, Donald white and Mickey black. Pricing has yet to be revealed but expect both devices to launch sometime towards the end of the year. Strangest part about all this? Steve Jobs is actually on Disney’s board of directors.

SOURCE: Disney launches two new Android smartphones, mouse ears not included - Engadget

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I can see the marketing strategy behind this already, super bowl commercial/interview after game, "Announcer: So, (So and so) you just won the super bowl, what are you going to do next?" (So and so): "I'm going to use my new Disney Android phone to book my trip to Disney World!"

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see the marketing strategy behind this already, super bowl commercial/interview after game, "Announcer: So, (So and so) you just won the super bowl, what are you going to do next?" (So and so): "I'm going to use my new Disney Android phone to book my trip to Disney World!"
:icon_ nono2: How embarrassing....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Lovely phone....Every pedophile should have one (or two or three).

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well Disney has some serious loyal fans, can argue the same with with R2-D2 phone. I'm sure it will do good in that demographic area.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont get it... I mean.. my daughter would LOVE this phone but.. shes 7.. not happening.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't see why people are surprised about disney having smartphones...I mean companies that didn't even make phones are joining in like amazon and vizio

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!