Disney Has Created A Fully Wireless Charging Solution For Phones!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The video above demonstrates Disney's latest advancements in fully wireless charging solutions. Their "Quasistatic Cavity Resonance for Ubiquitous Wireless Power Transfer" can power up devices with no wires anywhere in a room. The room contains "purpose built structures" made of aluminum. There is also a copper pipe in the center of the room which has capacitors attached to it. This can create about 1900 watts of free flowing non human harming power. The technology is obviously in the very early stages, but research suggest that many of the limitations on the current system are temporary. Disney is no doubt hoping for a future where park guest can enter a line que and their phone will start charging. These types of wireless solutions could also mean that animatronics may soon be able to freely roam the park interacting with guests without the need for power cords. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is able to license the finished product to other theme parks, malls, and places of business. The future is here folks!

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sounds great for places that you're at infrequently like Disney. I would have to hear more safety information for children before I would like to expose the very young to an electrical field full time ( though I know there's plenty of that environment currently in the world)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love it! For all the talk of harm from these types of technologies I just read that life expectancy is on pace to hit 90 years old by 2030! So I think we are alright from a safety standpoint. From a consumption standpoint I don't give a flip, I'd wire my house for this tomorrow!!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The copper pipe in the middle of the room seems awkward...I live in a 2-story townhouse; the floor plan is kinda like a split-foyer type home, just narrower. The lower level is the living area and right in the middle of the room is a pole supporting the structure of the house. I hate that pole...it's so in the way. Though, if this wireless charging tech comes around, maybe that pole could be useful in other ways aside from just holding the house up. LOL.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This was very exciting news DMX. I can see the movies now...a theme park with numerous animitronics is taken over by an AI virus, and then the "robots" go on a killing spree and eliminate all the adults in the park. Children are taken on as slaves to ensure that the power stays on, and in return, they can eat all the candy they want. But of course, some older children want to escape their robotic overlords. I shall call it....

Power Struggle

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You should write for the movies! I enjoyed your scene!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
This was very exciting news DMX. I can see the movies now...a theme park with numerous animitronics is taken over by an AI virus, and then the "robots" go on a killing spree and eliminate all the adults in the park. Children are taken on as slaves to ensure that the power stays on, and in return, they can eat all the candy they want. But of course, some older children want to escape their robotic overlords. I shall call it....

Power Struggle
Not even gonna lie this sounds like it could either be an absolutely amazingly awesome movie that everyone is talking about for decades to come..

OR

A horrendous b-rated movie fiasco that is either laughed and and successful because of how horrible it is... or completely fades into the ether.

regardless you should totes make it.

As for the wireless charging, Disney of all places made this. I'd love to see something that can actually be used... man I can't wait for the wireless world that's coming.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm ready for the brave new world!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The copper pipe in the middle of the room seems awkward...I live in a 2-story townhouse; the floor plan is kinda like a split-foyer type home, just narrower. The lower level is the living area and right in the middle of the room is a pole supporting the structure of the house. I hate that pole...it's so in the way. Though, if this wireless charging tech comes around, maybe that pole could be useful in other ways aside from just holding the house up. LOL.
just have to put the pole to good use, like pole dancing ;)

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Pictured: Outdated technology
latest

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
How much power does it use when no one is in the room and nothing else is powered up ?
Love it! For all the talk of harm from these types of technologies I just read that life expectancy is on pace to hit 90 years old by 2030! So I think we are alright from a safety standpoint. From a consumption standpoint I don't give a flip, I'd wire my house for this tomorrow!!

I could see it's use in private areas but I wonder what happens in public areas when somebody with a pacemaker attached to their heart walks into a RF field with enough current to power a robot.

Or the person that has motorized artificial limbs that have sensors that are sensitive enough to detect electrical current from the persons nervous system. do they just start slapping or kick themselves?

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
Looks intriguing but it definitely doesn't have any mass-market applications. This looks like the thing before the thing that we all end up buying.