Dish's Sling TV

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only reason I keep it on that station is so far my youngest has never walked into the room and seen an objectionable commercial. Like I said, I'm usually reading and not paying it any mind. She'll come in and change the channel and I don't even know it. Heck I didn't even know the super bowl was on until I happened to look up and NFL Network was doing an old radio interview and I saw it said it was about 3 minutes to go until half time. Last years I ended up watching the dvr recording.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I cancelled my subscription. $20/monthly for a dozen or so channels with commercials, no thanks. That's more than what we pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime combined.

The no support for the FireTV's & Nexus Player was no big deal. We just hdmi'd to our TV's from our laptops. But for what we paid for & what we got was a no brainer/no deal compared to what we are using.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Today is the first time I really set down to use it and for a roll out I expect bugs. I have had a few stoppages as well as a few "unauthorized" messages. I will say that customer service have been decent with it.

Called comcast to cancel cable only to see that it would cost me more to cancel and have just internet or internet/basic cable vs what I have now.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one having interruption issues. Service Interrupted ERROR sling

Don't cut that cord yet looks like we going to need to give this a little bit more marinading time.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I haven't seen that. But I got a lot of buffering. Even where my FireTV stick & Nexus Player didn't buffer as much. Kodi was smoother on my laptop & Nexus Player than Sling

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm holding off too....no support for my FireStick yet and 20 bucks a month for access on my phone or pc isn't worth it.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sling told me that they are experiencing technical difficulties and it should be resolved by morning. So those getting "unauthorized content" errors (particularly on the Roku) that should be resolved by tomorrow.

Reactions: CJM