1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dish network sling, and verizon data plan question.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Xshock, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Xshock

Xshock New Member

This is my first post and wow, their are a lot of post, so I hope this is the right place.

Merry Christmas to me because I got the sling for dish network that cost $99 and I had one concern.

Tv anywhere is awesome on my phone over 3g but it does use a lot of data. I watch 1.5 hours of tv one day and it used 340MB and that was one day. With me using this I know I will go over 5G in no time. Sense the dish app is in the market do you think I will get in trouble through verizon?
  2. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger New Member

Do you have the unlimited data plan? If you do, I wouldn't worry about it to much. If you don't have the unlimited data plan and you do go over your limit, Verizon more than likely will charge you a hefty price.

The best thing to do would be to call Verizon and find out personally. I would also get their statement in an email form only because the reps at Verizon say different things to customers.....not sure why that is.

Good Luck Xshock!
  3. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

There is no 5 GB limit. If you have the unlimited plan you are fine. Sling away.
  4. Xshock

Xshock New Member

Thanks

Yea I have the unlimited plan. I don't know where they got their math from but in my work unlimited means unlimited. So do you think if I wifi tether my phone to my iPad I would get in trouble. I just like the screen size.
  5. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Are you paying for the wifi hotspot? I think the issue might arise if you are tethering thru a rooted phone and if you use an ungodly amount of data, they might catch on. I don't really know how much data that would use tho. Might be more of an issue with gaming.
Search tags for this page

dish anywhere data usage

dish sling 3g data usage
do i use data when watching dish anywere on my iphone

does dish anywhere use data

does dish anywhere use data?
does dish anywhere use up data
how much bandwidth will dish anywhere use

how much data does dish anywhere use

how much data does dish network use
how much data does dish sling use
how much data does the hopper with sling use when using dish anywhere