Discussion for all 1.X releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markwebb

Reaction score
Can you not just post the 1.3 update like the other updates? So much easier. I can't DL the update from Sourcery settings.

Thanks!

jhuntdog

Reaction score
no dice... is there anyway i can just download and flash like normal? without the update feature?

+1

Took a break from the magic, trying out other ROMS while waiting for a sorcery update. Would love to go straight to 1.3 without restoring the old sorcery, updating, etc.

Is there a download for Sorcery v1.3 ROM?

racingelting

Reaction score
I cant update to 1.3...? can I just get 1.3 to download. The Sourcery update worked on one phone but not the other. Thanks

listenman20

Reaction score
no dice... is there anyway i can just download and flash like normal? without the update feature?

+1

Took a break from the magic, trying out other ROMS while waiting for a sorcery update. Would love to go straight to 1.3 without restoring the old sorcery, updating, etc.

No. The only full ROM is 1.1. To start over you'd need to flash it, then do the updates.

maslan

Reaction score

+1

No. The only full ROM is 1.1. To start over you'd need to flash it, then do the updates.

So what would be the order when starting from scratch? I want to try this rom. Rom 1.1, then update to 1.2, then 1.3? When during the process do i install the gapps? After full Rom 1.1? Thanks in advance. Been running MIUI and Sapphire for a while now - switching between them - and want to try a new one.

listenman20

Reaction score
So what would be the order when starting from scratch? I want to try this rom. Rom 1.1, then update to 1.2, then 1.3? When during the process do i install the gapps? After full Rom 1.1? Thanks in advance. Been running MIUI and Sapphire for a while now - switching between them - and want to try a new one.

you've pretty much stated the process. 1.1 +gapps then 1.2 then 1.3. there's a link in the 1.3 announcement thread for 1.2 and it's on the site.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
cant win :) & please read this.

When we released 1.1 as a full rom it was grief why do we have to have a full rom why not use the update feature. now its visa versa :)

PLEASE READ THIS:-- the droid has a memory deficit. maybe this was on purpose if it wasnt for that why would we ever need to upgrade. This is not rom specific we have paid attention to this but if you have not followed recommendations this will show up.

other roms have had to have themes done with a full rom release not as an add on this was due to the same memory in the system area problem.
If you do not have enough space in your system memory area the rom update will just close(this has been tested and is a fact) if you have enough space than it worked fine(yeah it did this to me last night while troubleshooting prior to release) i had 26k in system directory after deleting launcher 2 i had 4.5 megs.
Remember when pete released that thing where you had to reboot twice on install that was his way of trying to get around this by installing a lot to data. this also caused problems notice hes not doing that on his latest release. Every developer has fought with this same issue to offer you the most features while leaving you with enough memory left in system.

If you go through installing a theme and it comes back up with no change its most likely due to this same problem.
We have included easy uninstall of many system apps that you may not use. Especially Launcher 2. This was included per request as we have tried to address with each release a little something people have asked for. But launcher 2 is approx 5megs. If your not using it get rid of it.

Each 1.1 and 1.0 was insured to have at least 13 megs of available space left in system at release. If you installed 1.1 over 1.0 Than you did not have this space left at install of 1.1 .

This has been fast and furious for us since release as you can tell. we believe the rom is 100% stable and that there are enough themes at this time to keep everyone busy. so while we already know some tweaking of themes need to be done and we can do that for you and well announce when something has been updated were working on installing more stuff into data especially our additional apps and were going to work on and some other better memory optimizing techniques as well as V2.0 which is a rework of the entire base.

for those having problems with 1.3 im am betting this is the problem. Also if you did not update 1.1 to 1.2 you will not be able to get 1.3 without installing 1.2. This is because each release has little speed tweaks, script changes etc and we need to insure that you get each or problems will occur such as this not working or that because the script is not matching the commands that the rom is giving.

IRC is available through our website , its not hard and we sill be able to do more for you there than we can here. This was setup and we have been really doing our best to monitor all these areas. But we have a good set of helpers and testers at irc while only me and gflam can push fixes to your phone you'll find the people in the irc are very helpful and knowlegable about Sourcery.

Thanks to listenman20, yepitme19,YankinDaSouth,tdvaughn
Not only for testing all the features prior to each release to insure everything is working and for assistanting with tech support issues :)

racingelting

Reaction score
I Re-installed 1.2 and the 1.3 update went on flawlessly. Thanks to the IRC on the Sourcery page. Keep up the good work.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad you ported my Luna Theme, however just FYI there was a slightly modified new verison only updated for the Ultimate Droid... so you can grab the files from that ROM version and update them if you feel like it. Its mostly the same but I like the new changes... :)

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Glad you ported my Luna Theme, however just FYI there was a slightly modified new verison only updated for the Ultimate Droid... so you can grab the files from that ROM version and update them if you feel like it. Its mostly the same but I like the new changes... :)

Ok thanks. i tried to catch you to say thanks it look really great now :) and apparently i need a favor
the rom says by issulusX and its a real pain to change the rom so could you just change your name :)

Sorry ill get it fixed in next update.

Thanks again great theme :) I dont know if we already have the new stuff or not it looks so much better than i ever remember it.

Ive been trying to get it going since you had told me we could use it before we ever released sourcery. I hope people appreciate your hard work.

As always people remember you an visit the themers from our website their webpages are listed with each themes page. They work hard on these things!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just an fyi, during an animation change if you see the terminal emulator say failed on su just exit (menu-reset term) and click the sourcery animation button again.
can't reproduce intentionally but have had it happen twice today when messing with animations.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just an fyi, during an animation change if you see the terminal emulator say failed on su just exit (menu-reset term) and click the sourcery animation button again.
can't reproduce intentionally but have had it happen twice today when messing with animations.

Thanks. Havent seen that but im sure if it popped up for you it might for someone else.

Dan_08

Reaction score
upgrade went perfect for me! (1.2-1.3) Thanks againdancedroid

Status
Not open for further replies.