Discounts for upgrade from 3G to 4G?

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I keep hearing about folks who get a $100 discount from Verizon when they upgrade from 3G to 4G, which interested me because I'm upgrading from my DroidX to SGS3. I just called my local store and the rep I talked to knew nothing about such a discount.
Is it a regional thing, a random thing, or a "loyal customer" thing? I've been with Verizon for only a few years.
Also: yes, I know that the VZ store reps are not the best sources of information about VZW. :biggrin:

bobbyp

Reaction score
They are going to upgrade my son's 3g phone early because it is a feature phone not a smart phone. My wife is still stuck with her Blackberry until November. Oh how I don't miss my Blackberry. I grabbed hers last night and after three months with the Bionic I couldn't figure that silly thing out. :)

nikecar

Reaction score
I keep hearing about folks who get a $100 discount from Verizon when they upgrade from 3G to 4G, which interested me because I'm upgrading from my DroidX to SGS3. I just called my local store and the rep I talked to knew nothing about such a discount.
Is it a regional thing, a random thing, or a "loyal customer" thing? I've been with Verizon for only a few years.
Also: yes, I know that the VZ store reps are not the best sources of information about VZW. :biggrin:

In myverizon page, I get popular for $50 off. I called tech support for a warranty claim and while they offered the stratosphere for free, I wanted the rezound. She said there was a deal for $100 off LTE phones I could take. I declined and went to our corporate rep. Got the rezound free.

So yes, there is a $100 off somewhere. I recall seeing it on the VZW page, not logging in.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got a free maxx a month ago, and my sons line was just offered an early upgrade and 100$ off any 4g device... I went in to upgrade the device and they gave it to me. So I've gotten 2 free maxx's..odd

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

droidshot®

Reaction score
^^ Two weeks ago this same thing happened with my brother. So i went into our local Verizon store and had them check my wife's plan to see if she could upgrade. They looked and said it wasn't something they do in the store. So when I got home I call Verizon and talked with a guy about it. He looked and said that my wife wasn't eligible for this upgrade and I asked why. He said basically my wife doesn't use enough data and what they are doing is offering it to people with high use to free up the 3g airwaves. I about lost it!! I was like," so I'm going to be punished and have to pay $200 for a new phone for her just because she's not on it all the time?" He said I don't agree with it but that's how it is. I said, " I want to talk to your manager! " After about six minutes he came back and said his manager was talking with someone but he had a chance to talk with him. In the end she got the DROID 4 and i had to pay $30 early upgrade fee, but then they sent me a $50 card so basically they gave me $20 to upgrade her line to a 4g phone. Call corporate and talk with them about it.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Is it time already for another entitlement zombie outbreak?

BarryObama

Reaction score
Verizon DroidX to GS3

Hello.

I want to upgrade my DroidX to a Sansung GS3 so that I can get 4g.

I have a buddy that has a GS 3 and he will upgrade to a Note2.

How do I do this because I do not have a "chip" in my DroidX. I just activated or reset it by putting in my phone number.

Can I just go to a verizon store and request a chip?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can go to a Verizon store and get a SIM card.