Discontinued already??

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have both the Rezound and the Bionic. Both are great phones.

I just went to VZW and the Rezound is at the top of the list. All appears well.

It will be a shame if they discontinue the Rezound. They never devoted much time to advertising and it got lost with the release of the nexus and razr. One thing I wish it had is the kickstand like the thunderbolt.

If the op's inside source is correct and the Rezound is going to be discontinued, will it affect the ICS release?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Well u and Yaterml must have had defective bionics..cuz mine is perfect. And no, i don't need help seeing, i have 20/20 vision. I'm not saying it's a bad phone at all...but it's not better than "my" bionic. Not his or her bionic...mine. Maybe it's just the sense overlay that makes it laggy. And ppl complain about the rezound just as much..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have 20/15... maybe you just don't notice the little details as much. I have 20/20 without glasses and at full arms length the screen didn't bother me horribly. Honestly I've always said it has it's advantages but run it side by side with a rezound both displaying true HD content, there is a noticeable difference in color and detail. And BTW I didn't have just A bionic, I had 3 BionicS. I wanted it to work right... the webtop feature and media dock were the two things I wanted most, I ended up getting those from my wife's droid 4 though since they finally upgraded and fixed the radio issues. Honestly i'm glad you got a unicorn, but truth is there are more bionics with more issues than there are rezounds, perhaps because there are just more bionics out there? Who knows.. and honestly who cares! We each want a phone that gives us what we want and need. I got that from the rezound, sounds like you got it from the bionic. Isn't that what matters at the end of the day? :) As far as complaints on the rezound... first batch had some battery issues, those are taken care of now.. other than that it's nit picks.. oh those cap. buttons aren't as red as I think they should be... lol

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I can't believe they still sell the thunderbolt? It's been out at least a year now.

tc1

Reaction score
As long as they keep updating the software it doesn't matter much to me.

If they stop updating it or fixing any potential bugs (not that I've noticed any) or don't update us to sense 4.0 that's another story.

If they pull that then I'm done with HTC.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MLSchleps

Reaction score
I have an HTC Rezound. I saw a YouTube video today that tested the HTC One X - One with the Tegra3 chip and one with the Snapdragon S4 using the AnTuTu benchmark app. The One X with the Tegra 3 scored 9713 and the One X with the S4 scored 5640. I was curious, so I ran it on my stock, non rooted, non overclocked, Gingerbread Rezound and it scored a whopping 5687!!!!! It was faster than the ICS S4 One X!! Who knows how fast it will be with ICS? :biggrin:

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I have an HTC Rezound. I saw a YouTube video today that tested the HTC One X - One with the Tegra3 chip and one with the Snapdragon S4 using the AnTuTu benchmark app. The One X with the Tegra 3 scored 9713 and the One X with the S4 scored 5640. I was curious, so I ran it on my stock, non rooted, non overclocked, Gingerbread Rezound and it scored a whopping 5687!!!!! It was faster than the ICS S4 One X!! Who knows how fast it will be with ICS? :biggrin:

on a senseless ICS ROM (bamf senseless preview) I got 6516 ;)