1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

disconnected Phone under someone elses account

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Risika, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Risika

Risika New Member

Alright so My boyfriend bought a android phone from craigslist a few months ago because his htc was being all screwy and his upgrade was a few months away. It's up now and we're hoping to get the droid X because it's buy one get one free. but anyways...

We tried to get it set up and switched to our account but the people at verizon said the number is still listed under the other person's account. the phone is disconnected and not a working account. but still under the persons name. does this make sense? I called the people told them they insisted that the phone was not under their name anymore. So my question is... is there anyway to fix this? I don't need to use the phone but I could sell it to someone else. I just don't want to screw another person like they screwed us. Verizon has told us there is nothing they can do. But there has to be something? :unsure:
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Risika, this subforum isn't a good place to post anything. I'd recommend you start a new thread with this information in the general Droid discussion section as it will receive a lot more attention there. I wish I could offer some help but I know nothing about the inner workings of Verizon's machine in such a case. I'm sure there's something that could be done, but I don't know what or how effective.

Also, if you could post about your boyfriend's phone (I'm assuming it's either an Eris or an Incredible; we have experts on both here) we might be able to fix it for him. :)

Good luck!
  3. Risika

Risika New Member

Thanks for all your help, I'll repost this in the area you specified in hope someone can help me out some more. I don't really know what HTC he has but it's not a droid so =P it's mostly screwy because it's been dropped n all sorts of abuse. Not to worried about it. :wink:

THANKS again!!!!
Search tags for this page
after a phone is disconnected from sprint how long does it t
disconnect phone from sprint

how to deactivate a phone that isn't yours

how to deactivate a phone you found

how to deactivate a verizon phone that isn't yours

how to deactivate someone else's phone

how to deactivate someone elses phone
how to disconnect a cell phone from verizon

how to disconnect a phone from sprint

how to disconnect a phone line from sprint that isn't mine ?

how to disconnect a sprint phone

how to disconnect a sprint phone online
how to disconnect someone elses phone

how to disconnect someones cell phone

how to get sprint to disconnect phones from account