Disappointing

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I Live in a sort of rural area in Ohio and I know that 4G is faster then 3G, it's obvious. I just ran speed test on my Bionic and I came up with 7.22Mbps down and 1.55 Mbps up. This would appear to be normal at least to me for 4G and let me explain why.

I get my house internet from Crime Warner, I pay for their "Turbo" and that, according to them, promises me 13mps down and supposedly 1.0 up. Now if I reboot my router or hook it up directly to my computer I can get 28 to 32 mps down and almost always .97 up. That's it.

So I really question people who are claiming to get 20 mps down using 4G. It just can't possible. I also tested my bionic on CMDA only and I got .24mbps down and .52 mbps up. This is the only way it can possibly work, 4G simply is not as fast as Cable.

So I don't know how you can possibly claim these speeds. It doesn't make sense.

Well I can show you this View attachment 50669 but honestly I look that Speedtest like Bonneville. Flat and straight. It gives you an idea of your top speed, but in the real world it would be different, like driving on the LA freeway during the rush hour. I have the System app and when I was updating an app on 4G I looked at it. It was at 5 Mbps with a peak at 9 Mbps. Many times it's been 1 Mbps peaking at 5 Mbps.

I live in San Diego, one of the first cities to get Verizon's 4G Lte.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as the differences in speeds...

It could be the hardware itself. The Bionic should have the same LTE hardware as the RAZR. The RAZR's is capped at 50Mbps. The G Nex and Rezound is capped at 100Mbps. I never had the big of a difference with my RAZR and Rezound in an area thats -55 in decibel readings. In fact...the G Nex I had, the RAZR and Rezound I have all hit around 20-25Mbps down in that area. Where I live, in the immediate area they all average about 5-10Mbps down outside. I assume its like home internet. The higher the cap, the higher speeds you can average. There are some software, programs I can use that can max out my home connection.

Hook...I ran speed tests in an area thats -55 in decibel readings for about an 1/2 to an hour. I averaged 20-25Mbps down each time...with a G Nex too. Its possible. I live in a weak reception area...and average your speeds. I would say you are in a weaker area for reception. Go to a better area and run speed tests, it should be better. Just use your phone's decibel readings like a compass for finding a better reception area. All things being equal thats what the readings could be used for.

All that said...I can use the web and data good outside in my area...even tho I'm not hitting anywhere near 20Mbps. I also have a DX1 that lost internet completely one time. I had to do a factory reset to get it back. Think about that too along with other suggestions that were already posted.

Last edited: