disappointed....

jpoutre

Reaction score
I don't think you will see ads until it's released. So now that it is, I would expect that you will start to see them advertising this phone. As for lines, who would be lining up? People who frequent boards like this. John Q Public probably won't be, they might not even know about it. But I do think they will...

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I don't think you will see ads until it's released. So now that it is, I would expect that you will start to see them advertising this phone. As for lines, who would be lining up? People who frequent boards like this. John Q Public probably won't be, they might not even know about it. But I do think they will...

Right, exactly my point. The OP stated he saw no one waiting for it, so lack of general public awareness would account for that. Mostly those who even know of the Incredible's existence are people like you and I who frequent tech blogs.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason for the lack of public interest is Verizon is not considering this phone to be it's flagship phone. The true Droid is the one that's bringing home the bacon for Verizon.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Yes, the Incredible ads are out...but it is so cheap and ugly looking compared to the Droid they are afraid to show it in the Commercial ... HA, HA!!!

[video=youtube;S-Gesai5WlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Gesai5WlE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Verizon DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC CODE[/video]

BUT, I do like the new style "Droid Eye" animation... (about 27 seconds in)

Grabraham

Reaction score
you are surprised? how many N1 have been sold? like 250k? Droids? 8million?

Uh, no. You're confusing Droids with the last quarter sale of iPhones.
8million iphones have been sold in total? where do you get your info?

Not in total, in a 3 month period
apple-earnings.jpg

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I think he might be confusing Motorolas total sales opposed to just Droid sales. Which I read their total sales were 8.5, for all devices.

Grabraham

Reaction score

[B said:
iPirate[/B];439762]

Not in total, in a 3 month period
I wasn't referring to the iphone at all, I guess they just happen to be similar numbers.

My head hurts :lol: :icon_ banana:

iPirate

Reaction score
lol ok. so my confusion was with total android phones accessing the market to be around 8-10 million, my bad :p

and if you look at this chart:
Platform Versions | Android Developers

and if you saw the chart before Droid got 2.1, then did some math and guestimating you would reach around 2.xxx million Droids and 2xx thousand N1s

thanks for playing!

HCdroid

Reaction score
I really have no desire to pursue the Incredible as it's just another N1 with different clothing... As I've said before. I returned my N1 to get a Droid. The feeling of the phone was not there for me. Fast? yep Awesome Screen? yep Plastic Feeling? yep. I'm 6'1 235lbs covered in tattoos...I need something that feels right in my hands...a man's phone...and droid does...:lifting:

jamjr74

Reaction score
To each his own. i had my Droid for 29 days and it was a good phone. However I do not like heavy metal phones and the keyboard was horrible! I traded for the HTC at 1pm today and could not be happier. I think the incredible is just plain nasty!!!! Perfect weight and does not feel cheap at all. So far the battery life is fine and is as good or even better than my Droid. The spec on battery life are a farse and are never accurate anyway!!! This phone is much more pocket friendly than the Droid IMO. I did like my Droid don't get me wrong but the HTC is a better phone for me! Oh and did I mention it is fast as hell!!!! Now I am a newbie and do not know or care to know how to root or OC my phone so for me the HTC is probably better.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
hahah oh god i love this site. i love droid owners i mean i did not make this thread at all to cut up and disrespect a very good phone but its like a droid eris compared to moto droid it just doesnt have the hype. Flagship phone is the droid. I just hope they make the next droid flagship too. Also how many people think that the moto droid will be around in people pockets even if they have an upgrade for a long time to come just like the moto razr. **** i still see people with the moto razr. Also i did notice on the droid incredible even with the sense ui, 1 ghz processor that live wallpaper slow that phones scrolling down as well. Hopefully 2.2 will adress this issue even though i have very little lag.