disappointed....

smcdo123

Reaction score
so i. went to the verizon store cause my buddy broke his droid eris shattered screen. i played with a droid incredible! not so much excitement though there werent people waiting for it. people werent even buying one. in my eyes it was just a droid eris with new color and a tad faster. my overclocked droid with custom rom is better i think. i guess people realize there will be a new android phone out soon but just my two cents. still a very nice phone just not so hyped up as moto droid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to each their own

some people dont like the droids keyboard and the incredible does have a bigger screen

so its really all about what youre looking for in a phone

warrior21

Reaction score
It's like anything else, some people are going to love it and others not so much. I can't really speak about it since I've never played with it but I also have no interest in finding out. I'm sure it's a great phone though

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
YEah i know but truthfully its just cheap feelin. droid has a solid design. Worth the money i paid for it. droid 2 is ganna kill it when it comes out

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
to each their own

some people dont like the droids keyboard and the incredible does have a bigger screen

It's the same size screen. Cancel that its less than a quarter inch larger on a corcer to corner..so bout a tenth of an inch larger top to bottom. I wouldn't really consider that to be worth the money. Ive seen reports already of bad battery life, a bad backlighting and blurry text ont he screen. Starting to really sound like the eris.

Last edited:
OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
HEs right same size. i compared them its just the droid has a thicker border and droid incredible has a much smaller one

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
to each their own

It's the same size screen. Cancel that its less than a quarter inch larger on a corcer to corner..so bout a tenth of an inch larger top to bottom. I wouldn't really consider that to be worth the money. Ive seen reports already of bad battery life, a bad backlighting and blurry text ont he screen. Starting to really sound like the eris.

Yeah man its really not that good at all. i mean there were two ppl buying them at the other store by my house and they really didnt seem thrilled like i was to get my droid

R

Romple

in my eyes it was just a droid eris with new color and a tad faster. my overclocked droid with custom rom is better i think. i guess people realize there will be a new android phone out soon but just my two cents.

It's more like a reskinned Nexus 1, not an Eris.

there's always going to be new Android phones out. It won't be like the iPhone where you get a new model every year or so, and that's it. There's going to be new Android phones from different manufacturers every month. Just have to find the hardware you like and not think too much about what you didn't buy.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I looked at verizon and yes, the battery life is advertised at way less on the incredible. Bout 25% less. Ick. Lets hope for a root soon and some optimized roms.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
in my eyes it was just a droid eris with new color and a tad faster. my overclocked droid with custom rom is better i think. i guess people realize th

there's always going to be new Android phones out. It won't be like the iPhone where you get a new model every year or so, and that's it. There's going to be new Android phones from different manufacturers every month. Just have to find the hardware you like and not think too much about what you didn't buy.

I read in a report over a hundred Android phones will be pushed in 2010 across multiple companies.

I played with one yesterday, I liked how it felt, the pictures were good and the UI was very nice. I wouldn't dump my Droid mod-contract for it, but maybe on a new upgrade I would consider it.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
in my eyes it was just a droid eris with new color and a tad faster. my overclocked droid with custom rom is better i think. i guess people realize th

I read in a report over a hundred Android phones will be pushed in 2010 across multiple companies.

I played with one yesterday, I liked how it felt, the pictures were good and the UI was very nice. I wouldn't dump my Droid mod-contract for it, but maybe on a new upgrade I would consider it.

Yeah exactley i wouldnt shell out 200 for it when my phone does the same things add and minus a few features on both phones but i wonder if we will be able to use the video out cable or if its going to be a seperate app on there i didnt pay attention

pbdroid

Reaction score
I was getting worried there for a bit. I thought the Incredible was going to make my Droid a has been. Ha ... still King!!!!!!!!!!!

Droid does it again.

PS - I saw a review that said the standby battery life was like:

Droid - 270 hrs. vs Incredible - 140 hrs.

iPirate

Reaction score
you are surprised? how many N1 have been sold? like 250k? Droids? 8million?

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Has there even been any advertising for the phone? I haven't seen any, so no lines don't surprise me. I saw 3 Moto Droid-specific commercials last night.

The Droid is Verizon's flagship phone. Even with some improved HW specs, the Incredible will still pretty much play second fiddle.