Disappointed?

PhontomF

Reaction score
Only quirk I have with the phone is sometimes the pentile screen can make my HD videos look a little pixelated, at least compared to my OG Droid where they are all smooth. Other then that I absolutely love this phone. The 1GB of RAM makes all the difference in the world.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the phone.. I hate the screen.. the colors are off and it's just not smooth looking, I also don't like the new moto blur launcher in conjuction with the screen makes it worse the way the icons dim out.. (but that was fixed by installing adw launcher).
The camera is pretty good oustide and videos outside are good but inside with or without the flash the camera is sketchy.. If I hold still it's ok but my kids rarely hold still and that is about 85% of my pictures. It also takes awhile to focus sometimes. I know that some issues with the camera can be fixed with software update, but I mean this phone took awhile to come out so it shouldn't instantly need a software update..
Other than the screen and camera sketchyness (i know that's not a word) LTE is great but no faster than the LG rev, and Thunderbolt i previously had.. Also the phone is really responsive but I came from a pretty snappy Droid Incredible 2 so I really don't notice the Dual Core speed yet..

all in all it's a good phone but not sure if it's worth a two year upgrade for me or not...

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I've had the Thunderbolt, the Charge and now the Bionic. I definitely like the Bionic best. The Charge was superior to the Thunderbolt as well, IMHO. The only problem I'm having now with the Bionic is a bad battery but that should be easily rectified.

Had both of those also before my Bionic, and also agree. The ONLY thing I miss from the Thunderbolt is the near-instantaneous camera.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
My only dissapointment is no 4g in my area, which vzw says will get here soon as iphone 5 comes out ( something to do with apple requiring carriers to have 4g to use the phones, i pretty much stopped listening when he said apple)
I am a bit frustrated with the fact that the text your creating seems to never be where you can see it and it doesnt center a page when you double tap to zoom so you can read it. HtC did both of these pretty good, but that was the only thing good about that phone.
With that said.. is there a way to make the text stay where it can be seem? Biggest issue is when posting to craigslist.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Overall, love the phone!

Not wild about the screen, I wish it were the same as what was on my DX.

I use the camera nonstop for work, it's about the same as all of my droids so far. Nothing to brag about, nothing to complain about. I have taken some great pictures, but the lag on the shutter is terrible.

hatchin

Reaction score
The icons on the screen have perforated edges from the pintel screen (almost like the bottom of a reciept), the phone doesn't have the antenna to connect to the 1X network like my Droid X does so in a small town yesterday I had no internet which means no Google maps when I needed directions (I realized my wifes Droid 2 had 1x internet and we used hers to pull up maps ), and now this morning the speaker raddles that is used to take calls so it will be returned and I will stick with my X.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The icons on the screen have perforated edges from the pintel screen (almost like the bottom of a reciept), the phone doesn't have the antenna to connect to the 1X network like my Droid X does so in a small town yesterday I had no internet which means no Google maps when I needed directions (I realized my wifes Droid 2 had 1x internet and we used hers to pull up maps ), and now this morning the speaker raddles that is used to take calls so it will be returned and I will stick with my X.

I see absolutely no perforated edges at all and I honestly can't see how people are complaining about the screen, its beautiful on mine. Pics are awesome. I'm thinking some of these phone were manufactured at different plants, thats all I can think of. The only problem I have is still that dam +1 showing up when I use voice search to make a call..

MonkeyTime

Reaction score

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you says it doesn't have the antenna. It uses the same antenna when using 3G or the 1X signal, and I've seen mine in use already in the basement of a hospital where you get very little signal.

As for the screen, I love the colors on it, but there are times where it does not render things very well at all. I could never understand what people were complaining about on the DX screen, so I know what you're talking about!

hatchin

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you says it doesn't have the antenna. It uses the same antenna when using 3G or the 1X signal, and I've seen mine in use already in the basement of a hospital where you get very little signal.

I looked on Motorola's website and under network it does list 3G but not 1x and the Droid X and D2 does list 1x. My wife's D2 had full service with 1x internet and my Bionic had full service with no internet.

Adweber328

Reaction score
First time android used here. Bought the bionic Thursday morning and retired my blackberry. So far i love it. Ripping fast, decent battery life, great feel, and stunning picture, to name a few of the things i love about it.

The price is a bit prohibitive for many people, and i cannot say with certainty that it is worth it. I also bought a bionic for my wife, and her reaction has been mediocre at best.

Some of the things we both feel should have been included are basic things like missed call numbers on the main "desktop" and unread email and sms alerts on the icons. Iphone does it natively, and so does blackberry. I know android can with apps, but why not include it in the os? Her main frustration comes from having to find apps to do the most basic things.

These complaints are more directed at the os, rather than the phone itself, so maybe i shouldn't even mention them... overall we are both happy with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
for 299 i have to pass but on the letstalk.com deal i think for 175.99 i might have to jump on the bandwagon.. anyone coming from the droid 2 care to share?