1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Disappointed?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by iamkimosabi, Sep 10, 2011.

1. iamkimosabi

iamkimosabi New Member

I really wanted the Galaxy S2, but the Droid Bionic looks almost identical stat wise. Anyone disappointed?
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

Bionic was always my #1 choice
  3. idefiler6

idefiler6 New Member

Loving my bionic so far.
  4. Secondlaw

Secondlaw New Member

Bionic

I stopped into Verizon today to see the Bionic. It's a nice looking phone, feels good in my hand, and it's pretty light. I currently have a CHARGE.

Anyway, I played with this phone for a good 10 minutes. It has a few nice features but I can't honestly say I'm ready to give up my charge for this phone. The photo quality on the Bionic is TERRIBLE compared with the Charge. Ok, so maybe it was the phone I was using? That's what I thought so I picked up another one and started snapping away. I'm not impressed. The photo quality is just terrible. I know what you're all thinking... "It's a phone, not a camera"... yeah, get over it. These days a phone is just a feature of a hand held gadget capable of doing so much more than making phone calls. The poor quality of this cam is no excuse.

I really saw no speed differences with features although I will say the screen scrolling is better on the Bionic. Feels much more natural than the Charge.

Everything else about the screen on the Charge is much better than the Bionic.

I'm really curious to learn about the battery life on the Moto.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket but at the moment I think I'm going to wait this one out. We'll see.
  5. idefiler6

idefiler6 New Member

The photos I've been taking are pretty good, the 1080p videos are fairly stunning.
  6. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

take the Bionic out in direct sunlight and you might just change your mind
  7. dmacarth

dmacarth New Member

I switched from the Charge (only had it for a week though) and like the Bionic MUCH better. For me it's not even a close comparison as I found the charge really laggy and battery was pretty bad. I also haven't had some of camera issues others have talked about. I do miss the charge screen though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. psychicdroid

psychicdroid New Member

I'm not sure what your issue with the Bionic camera is, but I took a great picture of my dog in pitch black dark, couldn't even see the dog on the screen, and it turned out great. Last night I took a video with it of my kids performing with their marching band and that looks amazing too.
  9. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

Left my Thunderbolt for the Bionic. Best decision I've made this month. Uncheck widescreen on the photos and it will go from 6MP to 8MP. I can't tell the difference between either MP though. I like the fact that it's a phone and not a camera first. Crystal clear clarity while talking, unlike the Thunderbolt. Everyone says I'm talking in a tunnel.
  10. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Photos I have taken with the Bionic look amazing. If they didn't I would have returned it yesterday. What were the settings set to on the display model?
  11. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

The photos are okay depending on the light but the video is pretty darn good imo.
  12. Stingray71

Stingray71 New Member

Indoor picture quality sucks compared to my Nokia 1.3MP camera, hope they can fix this with an update. Beside that, I'm very happy with my Bionic. Very quick/snappy device. Reason I waited for dual core running 2.3. Liking it more than I thought I would, haven't even finished setting it up yet.
  13. JRizEJ6

JRizEJ6 New Member

im very disappointed in the screen. other than that i LOVE this phone.
  14. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

I've had the Thunderbolt, the Charge and now the Bionic. I definitely like the Bionic best. The Charge was superior to the Thunderbolt as well, IMHO. The only problem I'm having now with the Bionic is a bad battery but that should be easily rectified.
  15. manolo

manolo New Member

For switching phones that often do you always have to pay full retail price?
  16. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

Only quirk I have with the phone is sometimes the pentile screen can make my HD videos look a little pixelated, at least compared to my OG Droid where they are all smooth. Other then that I absolutely love this phone. The 1GB of RAM makes all the difference in the world.
  17. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 New Member

I have mixed feelings about the phone.. I hate the screen.. the colors are off and it's just not smooth looking, I also don't like the new moto blur launcher in conjuction with the screen makes it worse the way the icons dim out.. (but that was fixed by installing adw launcher).
    The camera is pretty good oustide and videos outside are good but inside with or without the flash the camera is sketchy.. If I hold still it's ok but my kids rarely hold still and that is about 85% of my pictures. It also takes awhile to focus sometimes. I know that some issues with the camera can be fixed with software update, but I mean this phone took awhile to come out so it shouldn't instantly need a software update..
    Other than the screen and camera sketchyness (i know that's not a word) LTE is great but no faster than the LG rev, and Thunderbolt i previously had.. Also the phone is really responsive but I came from a pretty snappy Droid Incredible 2 so I really don't notice the Dual Core speed yet..

all in all it's a good phone but not sure if it's worth a two year upgrade for me or not...
  18. ConqSoft

ConqSoft New Member

Had both of those also before my Bionic, and also agree. The ONLY thing I miss from the Thunderbolt is the near-instantaneous camera.
  19. mdroid2g

mdroid2g New Member

My only dissapointment is no 4g in my area, which vzw says will get here soon as iphone 5 comes out ( something to do with apple requiring carriers to have 4g to use the phones, i pretty much stopped listening when he said apple)
    I am a bit frustrated with the fact that the text your creating seems to never be where you can see it and it doesnt center a page when you double tap to zoom so you can read it. HtC did both of these pretty good, but that was the only thing good about that phone.
    With that said.. is there a way to make the text stay where it can be seem? Biggest issue is when posting to craigslist.
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  20. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime New Member

Overall, love the phone!

Not wild about the screen, I wish it were the same as what was on my DX.

I use the camera nonstop for work, it's about the same as all of my droids so far. Nothing to brag about, nothing to complain about. I have taken some great pictures, but the lag on the shutter is terrible.