Disappointed in Commando exterior.

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by stainless, Aug 22, 2011.

1. stainless

stainless New Member

Well I have had it for just about a month now.
    Had to do a phone only exchange after 1 week at Verizon store because the first one went all whacky.
    This one has been fine, save for a few bugs I am not used to in coming from a droid.
    But the other day I saw a piece of something dangling on my screen so I scratched it off, like you do when you get gunk on your screen.
    Well it turned out to be the coating on the stock black bumpers (for lack of a better word) on the phone.
    I am annoyed the finish is just a coating that rubs off like that.
    Any one else have this issue.
  2. cbreze

cbreze New Member

My first had a software issue. My second has been rock solid. I do tend to baby my phones tho and yeah, it's supposed to be tough as nails, but my m.o. is always been baby,baby,baby. Sorry you got a peeling prob. First I've heard of it.
  3. stainless

stainless New Member

Thanks.
    Yes I baby mine also, so this one being tough, ought to last forever, right ?
    But am surprised and disappointed by the pealing.
  4. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

First one got wet & died. Came back after soaking it in rice. But VZW warranteed it anyway. Second one has been working fine. Had it in my pocket on Saturday when I fell in the water. Still works fine.
    Never heard of one peeling though.
  5. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Got wet twice? I'm not going to be testing that feature hopefully. I do like the overall toughness of the device and it's resistance to everyday things like dust,water and shocks(jolts). So many other phones have build issues. I'm a former BB user and was considering waiting for the new Bold touch and I now see folks having dust under the glass issues. I think I made the right choice with going commando. ;)
  6. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc New Member

If it's just cosmetic, I wouldn't worry about it. Chicks dig scars. I treat my phone like any other ruggedized phone I've had, and it is holding up well. I also had one go wonky on me when I first got it, but this one has been solid. I take it in the lake, the pool, abuse it at work, it's a rugged phone, it's going to develop some "character marks". It's a communication tool, not a fashion accessory. I held off on a smartphone for a long time because I refuse to baby something that is meant to be carried with me at all times.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  7. tbutera2112

tbutera2112 New Member

i agree with this. mine has a few spots where the finish is worn, but ive dropped mine a lot and stuff...i work construction so i wanted a phone that could handle it and this one does. also, people mentioning waterproof - i put mine to the ultimate test...took it to the waterpark for the day and kept it in the velcro pocket of my board shorts..... it held up to 10+ water slides, and several hours completely submerged (there is two river like things at the water park, one you float down and one has waves).....even took some underwater pictures for the heck of it....the screen isnt scratched, thats what matters the most to me...this "gorilla glass" is as tough as they say ....even stepped out of my truck with phone on lap forgetting about it once and it fell to the asphalt landing right on the screen and it doesnt have a mark on it ...and my truck sits pretty high up! lol (no screen protector either)
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
Search tags for this page

casio commando otterbox

casio g'zone commando otterbox

commando otterbox
droid commando otterbox

g'zone commando otterbox

otterbox case for casio commando

otterbox casio commando

otterbox casio g'zone commando

otterbox commando

otterbox for casio commando