1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Disappearing volume issue - resolution?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Guindalf, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Guindalf

Guindalf New Member

My (third) Droid loses volume just like others I've read about on this forum. The speaker volume goes so low that you have to hold the phone to your ear to hear anything. This affects Nav, notifications and, of course, music.

The problem can be corrected by a reboot, but it's annoying.

Has anyone found a solution or is it another return?
  2. branabolic

branabolic New Member

mine has done this only twice so far, and it did it both times when i was goin through my list of ringtones listening to them. to me, it definatly seemed as if the sound just switched from playing out of the speaker, to out of the earpiece. hope this is something that can be fixed though the upcoming update.
  3. sir

sir New Member

never had this problem, hope it gets fixed though so i don't have it in the future :)
  4. Adlerson

Adlerson New Member

I've had this happen to me too. It seemed it happened when it tried to play certain MP3 files that might have had a special encoding, though I'm not 100% sure.
    Hope a fix is forthcoming.
  5. richie1378

richie1378 New Member

The only time mine does that is when I plug it in my car's aux input there's no sound. Once I restart my phone with the aux input plugged in the Droid it then works. I'm really thinking about trading it out for that reason and a couple other restart issues.