Disappearing email

shaggy3131

Reaction score
ok why wont my emails stay in my inbox? what does sync every 4 days mean?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sync every 4 days means that the gmail app on your phone will only sync up the last 4 days of email. The reason for this is that many people have a ton of email in their gmail accounts. If all of it were to sync with your droid email app, it would be a bit overwhelming. That being said, if you dont't have a ridiculously large number of emails in the folders you want to sync then go ahead and increase the sync days: from gmail app go to settings > labels. You can set it to sync all for inbox or any folder.

OP
S

shaggy3131

Reaction score
this helps Aminkaed but i dont understand why it wont keep the emails that it has already received. Is the sync all the best way to make it act like a reg inbox? My storm kept each email untill i deleted them (which was easy since i could select multiple emails and delete them all at once) any way to mark an email so that it doesnt disapear after 4 days? Is the fact that gmail archives my e-mail after outlook downloads part of the problem?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that we're talking about a gmail account and not that you are using gmail to check another account.

If you set the Inbox to sync all then the email will be visible until you delete it. Note, if you set sync to 4 days, email would still be in your Inbox when you logged in to the gmail web site. The droid doesn't delete the email, it just doesn't show all of them unless you sync all.

I don't think there's a way to mark an email so it won't disappear. You should just increase your number of sync days. Increase it to "all" if you don't have a huge number of emails in your gmail inbox. You may also want to change the number of sync days for other labels...sent, trash, etc. but personally I don't like too have my droid sync too many emails. I only sync Inbox and a few days of sent mail.

I'm not sure how you have outlook set up. If outlook is set up w/ IMAP then it won't delete email from your gmail account until you delete it. If outlook is set up w/ POP then it may delete mail from your gmail account. This will then remove it from your droid. If using POP check your gmail settings and make sure POP download keeps a copy in your inbox.

wooflee90

Reaction score
Disappearing Email, too!

I just got a Motorola Droid 2 days ago. I am using the e-mail application (not Gmail) and am downloading mail from my normal server. Mail comes in, and then it just disappears without any notice. It isn't in the trash folder. It's just gone. Anyone got any answers?

BrettW

Reaction score
I just got a Motorola Droid 2 days ago. I am using the e-mail application (not Gmail) and am downloading mail from my normal server. Mail comes in, and then it just disappears without any notice. It isn't in the trash folder. It's just gone. Anyone got any answers?

I was having the same problem with mine. I switched to K9 and it works fine. A lot of people on this forum seem to endorse K9 so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a free download from the market. My only problem is with attachments not opening correctly, or at all. I seem to have an abundance of “corrupted” pdf files that open OK on my PC. Not sure if this is the mail client’s fault though.