Disappearing Contacts

Buddhabless

Reaction score
My contacts seem to be disappearing. These two senarios only started in the last week or so. Wondering if if could be releated to the droid update I received over the weekend.

1. I search for contact and they are not there. I have my old Treo so I manually entered the number when I hit dail the name come up. I searched again, but the name is still not there.

2. I called a relative last month to wish happy B-day. When I tried to call this week they were not listed in my contacts. I went to my call log and the number is there and I can call from there, but still does not show up in my contact list.

This is annoying. Is this releated to the SW update I just received?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One thing i would try to do is go to gmail and download a csv of your contacts, and then reupload them from the contacts app.

OP
B

Buddhabless

Reaction score
I reloaded my contact list from my backup and realized over 50% of my contacts were missing.

KEEP BACKUPS PEOPLE!!!!!:wink:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which is really weird seeing as once they are put on the phone, they should be synced with google.

Green Dragoon

Reaction score
Go to your settings under contacts and check the settings. Mine did that and a lot of the settings were unchecked which hid my contacts from me . Sorry I am not near my phone or I would give you the exactb details. But it simply checking a few blocks.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I have had a similar problem since the update. Only with mine, the entire contact is gone and even sms threads with that contact are gone too. I have noticed at least 10 contacts missing, could be more that I havent realized yet.

I have no apps installed that should have anything to do with contacts. Mostly games and utilities like flashlight, level, etc. I cant say for sure that the update was the culprit but the first contact I noticed it on was one I text at least 10 times a day and that sms thread disappeared the morning after I applied the update. When I couldnt find the thread, I tried just starting a new one and it couldn't find the contact either. Then I started noticing more and more. weird

clarkbm01

Reaction score
My contacts have also been disappearing, but only after I edit them to add new info. Funny thing is, I can still access the full contact via the call log (assuming I've called them recently), they just don't show up in the contacts listing.

Green Dragoon

Reaction score
I have not had that happen after an edit and I did a lot this last couple of days. Try going in and seeing if the boxes are unchecked for some reason. I cannot think of anything else, but I am curious to see what you find.

clarkbm01

Reaction score
I did try that after I posted... checked all boxes in contact settings under gmail acct f/ 'family group', 'friends group', etc. The contacts I'd lost did return. I'd love to know why it matters.