Disappearing Apps

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by billyidle, Apr 9, 2011.

1. billyidle

billyidle New Member

I'm running Project Elite 4.2. Today a large section my apps seemingly uninstalled themselves, the blank default icon remains on my home screen, but the actual apps are uninstalled. I tried reinstalling from the market, but the phone reboots when it begins to install. I tried restoring one app at a time, and multiple from TB, but phone still reboots as it starts. I even restored a nandroid backup, same apps were still uninstalled and unable to be restored. Is this the beginning of my sd card failing?
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Very well could be, especially if the apps in question are running from your sdcard. If that is the case, this is a prime example of why (if anyone really reads my posts) I never really recommend running apps2sd.

good luck
  3. billyidle

billyidle New Member

I can read/write other files on my card just fine. And there are a few apps still running fine off the sd card. Would that be possible if the card was going bad? I've had cards fail with other devices before, it was always all or nothing though. Just trying to determine if buying a new card is worth it, or if I screwed something up (I was travelling and did not do anything abnormal).
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

It's really hard to say for sure. I suggest moving apps back to the phone one at a time and see if that helps.

good luck
Search tags for this page
apps disappeared artix 2
atrix 2 app icon disappered
atrix 2 apps disappear
atrix 2 apps gone

atrix apps disappear

icons disappear from motorola atrix 2

motorola atrix apps disappeared

motorola atrix icons disappeared
samsung gt-s6102b apps disappear when travelling
why are my apps disappearing on motorola atrix