Disappearing Apps From Homescreen!

Nick D

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having a strange issue with my phone. I set up the apps that I want on the home screen, set up the folders that I like. Well when I do a reboot of my phone, some of the apps disappear!! I then have to go back & replace them on my home screen. It seems to be certain apps that constantly do this. Is anyone else having this weird issue? Any idea on a solution? It's not an earth shattering problem, just an annoyance for those few times that I do reboot my phone.

Nick

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you using the stock launcher, or a different launcher that you downloaded? I have not noticed any apps or folders disappearing after a reboot.

JandN2639

Reaction score
We’ve had a similar problem with my husband’s Galaxy S7 and the launcher Nova Settings. And I don’t understand the difference between “disappearing” and “invisible.” One has to reload the missing apps from the multiple-dot app drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
to me, disappearing means they are deleted, invisible means they are there but you cannot see them. It depends on the launcher. was just trying to clarify exactly what was happening.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I use Nova launcher and do not have any issues with app icons disappearing from my screens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ok, I'm having a strange issue with my phone. I set up the apps that I want on the home screen, set up the folders that I like. Well when I do a reboot of my phone, some of the apps disappear!! I then have to go back & replace them on my home screen. It seems to be certain apps that constantly do this. Is anyone else having this weird issue? Any idea on a solution? It's not an earth shattering problem, just an annoyance for those few times that I do reboot my phone.

Nick
Are the apps that disappear on an SD card which is formatted as Adoptive Internal memory? That might be the issue?

OP
Nick D

Nick D

Reaction score
Are the apps that disappear on an SD card which is formatted as Adoptive Internal memory? That might be the issue?

Thanks for the tip. It seems that this was the problem. Once I moved them back to internal memory, I haven't had a problem. I am surprised that this happened, I never had this problem on my T2.

When I was saying that they were disappearing, they weren't deleted from the phone, just from the home screen. The apps were still in the drawer, just no longer on the home screen for me to hit. I am using the stock launcher.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal Nick, glad that helped. I remember reading that somewhere else and it took a while to jog my memory.

JandN2639

Reaction score
It only happens occasionally on our Galaxy S7. There’s no clear explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk