Disappeaing txts

jdipier2

Reaction score
Sorry I'm reposting but does have an idea why all my txts deleted? I tried restarting phone that didn't help just not sure what to do...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock messaging app?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdipier2

Reaction score
I used to but got rid of it a couple of weeks ago was using normal messaging app

Zalithian

Reaction score
This is a long time known issue with Android. Issue 5669. Issue 5669 - android - Droid deleting all Messaging/SMS conversation threads at random or triple sending - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Unfortunately you're pretty much out of luck. I am quite upset about it since it's happened to me roughly 15 times. After the first couple times I got a couple backup apps, SMS backup and SMS Backup+. One backs up all my texts to g-mail and the other one backs them up when I create, which I use to restore after they all go poof. I reported this to a bunch of major news agencies hoping they'll do a story on it and google will actually fix it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm a huge fan of Linux and Android but with this issue and the one where it sends your texts to the wrong person is making my next purchase look like an Iphone (I hate Apple, by the way)

OP
J

jdipier2

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting that at least I know I'm not crazy!