Disabling apps?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Are there any apps that are not safe to uninstall or disable? I have something in the Android OS that's eating my battery up, it's consuming more than the screen use. Foxfi is the only app that's been installed in the last couple of months but have unistalled it yesterday with no change. So, I feel I should remove or disable everything possible. I'm only getting about 13 hours of use on a Maxx. Any other ideas?

jaye712

Reaction score
EA.Droyd said:
Are there any apps that are not safe to uninstall or disable? I have something in the Android OS that's eating my battery up, it's consuming more than the screen use. Foxfi is the only app that's been installed in the last couple of months but have unistalled it yesterday with no change. So, I feel I should remove or disable everything possible. I'm only getting about 13 hours of use on a Maxx. Any other ideas?

U can find it here. http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/463-safely-frozen-apps/

RAZR215unrooted

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
U can find it here. Safely Frozen Apps - DroidRzr.com

RAZR215unrooted
Thanks for the reply. What is the difference between disabling and freezing an app? My Razr only allows uninstall or disable, I haven't seen the ability to freeze. Perhaps there is no difference?
Thanks again for your help.

jaye712

Reaction score
EA.Droyd said:
Thanks for the reply. What is the difference between disabling and freezing an app? My Razr only allows uninstall or disable, I haven't seen the ability to freeze. Perhaps there is no difference?

We both got the stock unrooted,youll have to be rooted to freeze a app.befour u do anything,make sure u read around first if u do decide to root,for me,i thought about it but too much to do n too much to read,lol,plus,i dnt really need it..up to ur preference

RAZR215unrooted

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
EA.Droyd said:

There is no difference except that titanium refers to it as freezing and ICS app manager refers to it as disabling. If you are rooted and freeze an app in titanium backup, that app will show up as disabled in app manager and vice versa (if you disable an app in app manager, it shows up as frozen in TiBU. It is much safer to freeze or disable a bloat/stock app because if you find you need it to upgrade, it only involves unfreezing.